Dan & Wesson Suppressor Question

Polomax

I have several .22 Dan Wesson pistols and was wondering if any of you have ever seen one suppressed ????? Since it has a threaded nut at the end of the barrel to hold barrel in place could there be a possibility you can use the suppressor inplace of the nut ( By getting a Gun Smith to make a Retaining Nut/ 1/2-28 adapter ) and kill 2 birds with one stone????? this would make for a VERY SILENT HOST GUN.... :)

Last edited:
its Dan Wesson, Polo & Max:)....... And no, a revolver as a rule dont make good suppressed weapons because of the cylinder gap. There have been elaborate
work put into making the concept work over the years( from add on shields or enclosures for the cylinder, to special closed Piston ammunition) and it just
isnt worth the trouble in the end to produce them. The backpressure is far greater on a suppressed barrel, making the cylinder gap REALLY spit gasses/noise db's more than usual. If you dont want an auto, and you want the most possible quiet by reducing mechanical noise...Thompson Center Contenders are the one to get/have a barrel threaded.

Last edited:
Never thought about the space !!!!! Didn`t really think that small of a space one a .22 would make that big of a difference sound wise... Might as well start think about my Winchester 9422 lever action then hahahahaha... now that would be a completely silent host im sure... My 10/22 with Omega can with the recoil dampener still makes to much noise IMO...:D

HAHAHAHA on the DAN & WESSON lol......

Never Say Never

A Dan Wesson .22 Revolver can be suppressed. All you need is cylinder seals. :)

DanWesson.jpg

http://guns.connect.fi/gow/QA9.html

I have no experience with the .22 DWs, but a little with the .357. You can set the cylinder gap on it, could you not set the gap to a very minimal dimension do reduce the amount of gas leaking? I imagine it would foul and bind up pretty quick in the .22 but wouldn't be hard to wipe it clean every few cylinders. Might be an interesting Form 1 project.

Back