Dan Wesson´s Hands

Anibal

Hello everybody, I´m Anibal from Mexico. I hope anybody can help me with a doubt I have.

The Dan Wesson model 15´s hand (advancing hand) would be useful for a Dan Wesson model 22 revolver?

In Numrich there are Dan Wesson´s hand available for model 15, but there are not available for model 22.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/DanWesson-33200/15-35941.htm?page=4

I have a Dan Wesson model 22 (.22 LR caliber) out of time and I want to repair it, but I didn´t know if a model 15´s hand could be interchangeable with a model 22 revolver. Or would it be possible adapt (adjuts or convert) it for the model 22?

Thanks in advance

Anibal Perales.

The short answer is NO. If they are close to the same dimensions, which I doubt, you might be able to "fit" it to your gun BUT this kind of fitting requires the skills of a pistol smith. To do this at home and on your own is at best a dubious undertaking. Even if you could find the correct hand it must be hand fitted to the gun by a professional.

Thank for the answer and for the advice. It was the kind of information I was looking for.

Once I use to have a Smith & Wesson revolver out of time. I ordered a over-sized hand from numrich and I could adjusted myself. I hoped it would be as easy with the Dan Wesson, but I see that wouldn´t be as easy now.

Something happened also with a Colt out of time I had. I ordered a new hand from Numrich but that time I had to take it to a gunsmith for adjusted it.

Thanks again for the information. Nos I have to consider my options.

Back