Dan Wesson I’d please

somedude

Inactive
I have this Dan Wesson .357mag. Can someone give me any info on it? I have tried to get on the Dan Wesson forum but it will not let me. Any help please? Thanks in advance for any help. Del

Attachments

• 6DE00E99-2642-43A9-A81B-4D44E2462A6E.jpeg
    6DE00E99-2642-43A9-A81B-4D44E2462A6E.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 16B15B98-8A1D-44BB-92A8-9C91A52C00DB.jpeg
    16B15B98-8A1D-44BB-92A8-9C91A52C00DB.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 98
MC 1911 is spot on. Barrels on your revolver are interchangeable with all 15-2 revolvers, including the new ones. Factory lengths are 2", 4", 6", 8", 10", 12" and 15"; although the last three are hard to find. EWK offers parts and specialty barrels and shrouds that aren't offered by CZ Arms (the current owners of Dan Wesson). Dan Wesson offered several different grip styles. Hogue and Pachmayr also have grips.

Last edited:
I have the same Model 15-2, only with a 6-inch barrel. I purchased it new in November 1979 for $179. My serial number is 246XXX, so I would assume with your serial number being earlier at 241004 that it was manufactured sometime prior to 1979.

To interchange or remove the barrel, the gun came with a special wrench to remove the barrel nut and a stainless steel shim (0.006 inch thickness)to properly set the gap between the rear of the barrel and the cylinder when reinstalling the barrel. Did you get those items with your gun?

I've put several thousand rounds thru mine in its lifetime, but I still enjoy shooting it often. Last year I began to experience several light strike failure to fire rounds when shooting double action. The same light strike round would fire shooting single action. I later found that this seems to be a somewhat common problem with this model. I have since installed a Wolff 8lb hammer spring and this resolved the double action light strike issue completely.

Occasionally I would shoot 38 spl ammo to save a few pennies, however, it seems to dirty the gun up more so than shooting 357 loads, so now I only load and shoot 357 exclusively.

Check out this web page to learn more about this fine handgun.
https://www.danwessonforum.com/forum/reloading/tuning-up-your-15-2-the-average-joe-method/

Last edited:
Thank y’all for the help. I just got it last week and nothing came with it. It shoots where I point it. I really like it.
Back in 1991 my wife bought me a Dan Wesson .44 mag for a wedding gift. It had two 8 inch barrels and shrouds with it. One of the barrel was ported. I bought a Leopoldo scope for it. Took a few deer with it. It was silver. Loved it but we got into money problems and had to sell it. Makes my chest hurt thinking about it. When I saw this one local, I told my wife I had to get it. Maybe one bay I can get an extra barrel or two for it. I am making a holster for it now. Again, thank y’all for the help. ><> del

Hi, I also have a DW 15-2. I bought it new in 1979, but might have been 1980. I have a 8” and a 4” barrel. My number is 2288XX. I can’t remember what I paid for it. But thinking around $200. How much are they going for on the used market?

I just got back into shooting it, and reloading.

OP, you have one of the finest revolvers ever made. You can get accessories for it from EWK (google it). You may want to have a longer barrel for some applications, no doubt, and also you'll want the wrench tool.

Back