Dan Wesson Gone Again?

Nightcrawler

Their website, http://www.dan-wesson.com, has been down for quite awhile. I hope this company hasn't gone under once again. They probably make the only full sized, double action .41 magnum available on the market right now (unless, of course, you count S&W, which I don't). Their model 460 revolver, being able to fire .45ACP, .45 Super, .45 SMC, .460 Rowland, and .45 Win Mag interchangably was rather appealing to me, as well...

Sad to see them go, if they're gone. If they're not gone, can somebody give me contact information?

Wesson Arms seem to come and go with the tides. The interchangable barrel system was novel and really worked well. But, they have had a lot of financial problems as well as quality control issues. I get the feeling that the combination of spotty quality control, lack of availability and an uncertain financial future have severly handicapped the future of the Dan Wessons.

Spoke with them a month or so ago after receiving my Coyote Classic .22 rifle. That's right DW is building rifles and very well made if I dare say. (Quality as good or better than the Ruger 77/22 at $150 less) While on the phone Bob J. informed me there is a huge backlog for the Pointman .45 and they are looking at several new products for the next couple of years.
The quickest way to put this company, who are really great gun/ pro 2nd people, under is to prevent people from looking at their products by stating they are going out of business once a month. If you really want to hurt S&W by boycotting then do a double whammy and buy a DW. Its money S&W doesn't get and your strengthening the competition.
Off the soapbox.
Take Care

Glad to hear that they are not gone. I hope they keep the quality high and prosper. I like the design of their revolvers, especially the barrel system.

Dan Wesson

I'm also glad to hear that Dan Wesson is still with us. I bought one of their Model 15-2vh .357 with an 8" barrel 20 years ago and it is my favorite tack driver. I'm hopeful that they will get enough support from the shooters out there to allow them to remain in business as long as they provide the service and quality necessary in todays market.

Based on my experience with them I know I would not hessitate to buy from them again.:) :D

Dan Wessons are good stuff. I sorely miss my old stainless 744VH 8". I really regret selling that one. Most accurate .44 Magnum I ever touched. The only complaint I've ever had about DW products is I really don't like the shape of the hammer, but otherwise, they're excellent guns. A friend of mine has hunted whitetail deer for years with a scoped 8" DW .357.

May they live long & prosper. They deserve it.

Dan Wesson is alive and well. Their website has been revamped lately, and their service is excellent.

I have a 15-2 .357 mag with the 8" / 6" / 4" / 2.5" barrels (blued) and love it.

Their newest offering, the .360 revolver, was reviewed in the current edition of American handgunner magazine.

Cheers!

ChickenHawk

Back