Dan Wesson .357 crane problem

KelTeKee

cmz4e8fg53116

Hey folks...Got one for you revolver maniacs. I don't know how obscure my Dan Wesson 357 is but it's wierd. Anyway, I liked my friends and so I found one sometime soon after using his. The one I have is parkerized and the snubby removable barrel version. It shoots fine but I notice the cylinder is not sitting parallel to the frame. Meaning the I notice the gap between the front and the back of the cylinder. Someone told me that it is the crane is bent and needs and can be repaired. Is this true or should I try to track down a cylinder/crane assembly. I notice that I can not take the cylinder of of the crane axis. It still shoots OK and accurate believe it or not. I haven't found a trigger as smooth and short as the Dan Wesson. I hate to lose it...Thanks folks.

If the crane or the axis pin is bent, the fix is a job for someone with tools and experience. The following is the latest I can find on the company, so you might try them first.

Dan Wesson Arms
119 Kimper St
Norwich, NY 13815
(607) 336-1174
fax: (607) 336-2730
email: danwessonfirearms@citlink.net
web: http://www.dan-wesson.com
{Back in buisness, owner is Bob Serva}
[Manufacturer:Firearms:pistol,Gunsmith]

An alternative would be Cylinder and Slide. Try them at www.cylinder-slide.com.

Jim

DaN wESSON .357

I have owned 2 of these, and a .44... (still have 1 of the .357, and the 44...)

man, if the crane is bent, SOIMEONE was doing something VERY bad... these are pretty beefy pieces...

this, however, is not the end of the world... it CAN be repaired easily, and not too expensively, at EITHER Cylinder & Slide, or the factory... or by most any competent pistolsmith...

I just wonder what someone did to cause this problem...

let us know...

and you have a FINE weapon there...

HemiCuda...cool name...Thanks for the encouraging words. I do want to fix it and have sent emails to cylinder and slide, but no response yet. My next step is to find a local gunsmith. I do love this revolver. Maybe if it is fixed then i will treat her to a plating job...

Hi, guys,

What can bend a crane or even a frame or even a barrel? Maybe the gun was owned by a cop. Some people just have hard heads.

Jim

Back