Dan Wesson 15 deal?

Prof Young

I can get a used Dan Wesson 15 (357) with the rubber grips for $425. Seems like a good deal to me, but that is based only on a hour or so internet research.

Thoughts and opinions requested.

Life is good.
Prof Young

That's a good price, especially if it comes with the muzzle nut wrench and barrel gap gauge. If it doesn't, www.ewkarms.com has that and other parts available. Any auto parts store can supply the flat feeler gauge. Gap should be set between .002" and .006".

I think that's a fair price. My 6" model 15VR is the most accurate .357 I own.
My others are a 2.5" S&W M66, 4" M686 and a 4 5/8" Ruger Blackhawk.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it. Out of business, no parts, no service? I owned one back in the 1980's and it was nothing but trouble. I sent it back several times and got it back still not fixed. I gave it to them at the 1990 IHMSA Internationals at their booth on vendor's row and they still couldn't do anything with it. It ended up going down the road. I know lots and lots of people who used them successfully so they weren't all bad by any means. However, if you have a problem with one now who's going to fix it? I don't see any of the used ones commanding very high prices.

Nosecondbest. CZ owns Dan Wesson, parts and service, and new Model 715's are available. I can fix anything on a DW revolver in a few minutes. I don't see how you could have even had to send one back once to the factory, let alone twice. I've never had a real problem with a DW revolver and when I had a minor issue, it's fixable in minutes. But basically, they don't break.

Back