Dan Wesson 10mm Bruin

Old 454

I was able to order a DW Bruin in 10mm and it was a Blem
I paid 1799.00

I ordered from riflegear.com

Any thoughts on this DW ?

Thanks in advance

I have a good friend that has a two tone Bruin. It is very well made for the money. The fit and finish is excellent, accuracy outstanding, and the extra barrel length and weight makes full power 10MM loads more tolerable.

I am fortunate that she lets me shoot it every time she brings it to the range. IMO Dan Wesson makes one of the nicest mass production 1911s for the price point. I am sure you'll be happy with yours!

I just picked my new Bruin up.
I am very happy with this pistol and it’s the updated version, they got rid of that angled spring plug. Only difference between the Bruin and the Kodiak is the Bruin has target crowned barrel and bushing and the Kodiak has a bull barrel

Trigger is really light and crisp. No loose rattling, very tight gun.

Last edited:
Well done! I'm a fan of both 10mm 1911s and Dan Wesson as well, the Bruin has been on my list for quite some time as a hunting option/backup.

I got mine from riflegear and it’s a blem model for 1799.00 and honestly I can’t see where the blems are at.
I guess if I went over it with a magnifying glass I might find the supposed blems.
Can’t wait to get this to the range

Congrats. The angled spring plug was the only negative about the original Bruin. You'll love it at the range.

Look forward to seeing your updated post range report.

Mikejonestkd... you have a female friend who is generous and sharing. She lets you shoot a DW Bruin 10mm. Whenever you two are at the range together ?

What better mutual arrangement can you have ? Oh, wait... PG 13 Happy Thanksgiving !!

Back