Damn U, cheekpiece!

I'm buying a marlin xl7/xs7 as a first deer rifle. I am however, left handed. I can bare using the rifle, but i hate the cheekpiece. I hate it. Is there anyway to remove it?

How does one use this tool? is it like a cheese grater?

Yeah, that's a Sureform rasp and it work like a cheese grater.

Before I'd use that on a stock, I believe I'd get some other tools together, like a good selection of sandpaper and some files.

On the other hand, left-handed rifles aren't as hard to find as they were years ago. Savage makes lots of them, as does Remington, Browning, Tikka and Ruger. I've got a son and two grandsons who shoot from the left shoulder and I'm always on the lookout for a good left-hand bolt gun.

Sure, you can use a right-handed rifle, but wouldn't you be more comfortable shooting one made you?

Yes, it works somewhat like a cheese grater, but it will take stock off fast. Once you have the stock almost down to where you want it, switch to 60 grit paper, then 100 grit, then 150, etc, until you have it as you like it. Then finish. You could also use a rotary grinder, a die grinder, or whatever you feel like you can control.

Or you can get a left handed rifle.

Back