Daewoo rifles

spleenandideal

Hello~
I posted a similar topic on the AR.com site, and am posting here also because I have a feeling that many of you are quite knowledgable.

I recently saw and shot the first Daewoo rifle I've ever seen in real life. It looked as though a lot of parts would interchange with the AR, with exception of the bolt carrier. It had really great looking lines, and a ghost-ring front site and adjustable gas return underneath. It shot very well with it's 18-20" bbl.

Now, does anyone have any experience with these rifles? I have never seen one for sale at the local shops or even at the occasional gun show. Any info regarding these weapons, websites, opinions, legality, comparisons to an AR, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! And happy president's day. ;)

Which Daewoo? The DR200? I had one. Most of the parts will not interchange with an AR/M16 style gun. The operating systems are different. Ask Edmund Rowe what he thinks of his.

There were two types of Daewoo rifles. One was based on the M-16 gas impingement action and the other on the AK-47 gas-piston type action. I think Daewoo developed their rifle when Colt refused to extend the rights to produce the M16 any further. There may be a few common parts like the trigger group, but it is my understanding that most will not interchange.

Well, I finally saw a DR200 here locally at this weekend's gun show, and after haggling with the owner, I got him down to 900 smackers. For that much I can have another AR, or a really nice stereo for the 'wagon.
Actually, if parts were available I'd be playing with it right now. Any ideas on what I should lust for next?
cheers.

Back