Daewoo DP51, good bad or ugly?

TreeWeasel

Inactive
As I posted in the other section I just bought a used daewoo dp51(9mm para) and I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience with them. Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated. I realize that it is a pretty cheap gun so I don't expect any miracles.

Tree Weasel, I have the Daewoo DP51C, which is the compact. I bought it new and have shot probably 1000 rds thru it. It is patterned after the Smith & Wesson 6900 series of compacts, and even uses their mags. It shoots anything I have put thru it, and is pretty accurate as well. The only problem with these guns is they are not being imported any longer, so I don't know about parts for later on. This may be a cheap gun, but it is not cheaply made. I have a lot of handguns, and consider this gun to be as good quality wise as almost any of them. If your getting that good of a deal on it, get it, and shoot it a lot. Rod Black

well I already bought it, but it's in extremely nice shape. Came with 2 13rd. magazines. I ended up giving 200$ for it. It's been used a few times but looks pretty fresh inside. Would any other brand magazines work in this gun? I always like to have some spares. Thanks for all the help guys!!

Treeweasel:

I have DP51 Full size. It shoots well and haven't experienced any malfunction. The only draw back of it to me is long trigger pull and the butt is a little bit noticeable for carry purposes. This has been discussed in previous post and many of the experts in these forum gave good comments to it. As for the spareparts, I was advised by Glockrider that it is interchangeable with parts for the S&W 6900. There are several of DP51 models now, aside of the compact and Full-size alloy -- matte black. There is one called Mark II DP51 Model. Daewoo rifle and hand guns are being used by many Korean Elite forces. Enjoy your DP51 it is made by highly precision industries.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by stdalire (edited December 10, 1999).]

I was at a gun show today and saw the DP51 on one of the tables with a price of $349.00. I think you did alright for $200. These are great guns. Rod Black

Back