cz97b v eaa witness

old_yout

There was another thread to this effect a while ago, but it petered out after four replies.
So... any thoughts? I get the impression the CZ is better regarded. Thanks

Many would assert the CZ to be better built. However, it is dramatically larger than the Witness in all dimensions, and the trigger reach in DA is much longer. What do you wish to use it for? Range, games or carry?

I wanted it for carry. My build and usual manner of dress afford me the luxury of being able to conceal a good deal and the weapon I carry now is fairly hefty, so I'm used to the weight. My hands aren't huge, but I'm told that I have the fingers of a pianist or violinist, which I interpret as being long.

Old_yout, My CZ97 has always been reliable and was extremely accurate right out of the box. However it does have a long trigger pull in DA mode, as was noted before if you have long fingers or med. large hands this is not a problem. I would reccomend this gun to anyone. The only other .45 I have is a Ruger P97 which I hardly ever touch since getting the CZ. As for the Witness, I really have no opinion as I try to stay away from "clones" when I can get the real deal at such a reasonable price. There may be absolutely nothing wrong with the EAA, I just have no experiance with them....CZ....

Back