CZ85 Combat Range Report

Copythat

Just got back from shooting my CZ85 Combat in 9mm. The Combat has an ambi safety and slide release, adjustable rear sites, and a polymer over parkerized finish. Overall, an excellent gun. Zero malfunctions with either the 15 or 10 round factory mags. Accuracy was superb. Roughly 2-3 at 25 yards. It punch 1" groups at 10 yards. For some reason, the groups got tighter as I shot it. Probally just getting used to the trigger. Double action trigger was fine. Single action was some slack before it let off. This made accurate rapid fire difficult, but not impossible. In all, I fired 150 rounds of Wolf and UMC 115 grain 9mm. Again, zero malfunctions. I do have two gripes. One -- the trigger has some sharp edges that need to be rounded and polished. Secondly, the polymer finish wore too easily on the spot just beneath where my wedding ring rubbed the front strap. After only 150 rounds, the finish is down to bare metal. CZ says they have a one year warranty on wood and surface finish. I'm going to see if they will refinish under warranty. Other than these two issues, the CZ is definately on my A-list. Price was 510 for the 85 Combat model. Hi-caps go for $45.

Copythat, others have experienced group tightening with breakin. not unusual, its just the pieces and parts "gettin to know each other".

refresh my memory, does the CZ have a reversible mag release?

If you like the CZ85 you will love the CZ97B American model. A syperb pisto;!

Sorry about the double post. I must have hit the wrong key.

[This message has been edited by Hard Ball (edited April 14, 2000).]

Back