CZ82 Magazine advice

JJ45

Can anyone recommend where to find good 12 round 9X18 mags for the CZ82?

Something that fits and functionsl, not a mag that leaves a space between the floor plate and mag well...Thanks

Not sure where to currently find them, but only get real surplus mags with the small crossed swords, not the cheap, faulty repro jobs that say cz mfg on then. I got a couple and they were junk.

I just bought last week some from Apex, they dont a have crossed swords stamping but seem to be the same. The ones listed as "CZ" stamped on the base plate I tried are junk. I tried to get more than one to work, even changed out springs still wont feed. They didn't drop free, had to get pliers to grab them. But the ones from Apex drop free, and have the dimples like the crossed swords mags. They also have no visible seams, I haven't shot them yet but they look like they'll work. The ones in the Gunbroker for 79 are the ones you want, the other ones for 39 without the dimples are crap. But hit up Apex the still show them for 38

I just bought last week some from Apex, they dont a have crossed swords stamping but seem to be the same. The ones listed as "CZ" stamped on the base plate I tried are junk. I tried to get more than one to work, even changed out springs still wont feed. They didn't drop free, had to get pliers to grab them. But the ones from Apex drop free, and have the dimples like the crossed swords mags. They also have no visible seams, I haven't shot them yet but they look like they'll work. The ones in the Gunbroker for 79 are the ones you want, the other ones for 39 without the dimples are crap. But hit up Apex the still show them for 38
Thanks, Apex is out of stock but do have CZ83 .380 mags of the same make. I thought they were the same mag....the 380 mags do seem to be dimensionally bigger though?

Those mags came today

For $38 each...I guess beggars can't be choosers and it will probably get worse. I got the CZ82 coming, I don't have it yet but what I do have is a lot of 9X18 Ammo because I have 4 Makarovs that I've had for about the last thirty years and have bought a lot of 9X18 when it was reasonable before and between panics :)

There are no markings whatsoever on these mags which are advertised as .380 mags. I got a suspicion that they are the same as the 9X18 mags which are sold out and sold for $24.

They seem to be of very good quality but were filthy as heck inside, the springs, floor plates, follower, etc., all extremely dirty.... I would think they were well used and never cleaned except that on one of the mags the base plate was on crooked, the grooves on the plate and prongs on the mag body not matching up as if someone took it apart and reassembled haphazardly.

There is a factory mag coming with the pistol. It will be interesting to compare the CZ82 with the Maks

This, 100%.
No doubt real surplus mags would be ideal but these may well be the same. They definitely are not new....the best deal on the real deal I could find is $80 while these are half that and as Nodak1858 pointed out, look the same

There is a hole in the mags where the Czech crossed swords or some other country's military ID was....why?, I have no idea. The other dimples and holes are the same as surplus. I had them apart to clean (filthy) but I don't know what the internals of surplus mags look like so can't compare.

I should have the weapon by this week end and will give the mags a go and report back

Yeah other than the hole in the body the look the same inside and out as the crossed sword ones I have. Not the cheapest ones out there but I think these will work pretty well.

CZ82 and CZ83 surplus mags are the same. Yeah, some have a hole punched out where there used to be the crossed swords. Not sure why. I've seen some CZ82s with emblems ground off on the pistols too. Maybe this happened for export or maybe after Czechoslovakia split. Czechoslovakia was known to export arms to other Communist countries that didn't have the capacity to manufacture their own. Maybe that's why they were scrubbed.

Pistol came on my C&R. Excellent condition. I checked the controls, bore, etc. and lubed the pistol before firing.

3 mags...the two bought from Apex mags with the hole and a surplus mag with crossed swords stamp...this mag does not have the grooves or indentations (?) at the bottom of the mag body as the two from Apex do but do have the top grooves (near the feed lips).

They are identical, inside and out, except for the absence of grooves at the bottom of the crossed swords mag which also has a non-ferrous floor plate...the ones from Apex have a sheet steel plate. The alloy plate is much easier for field stripping the mag. Identical polymer followers and metal base plates that hold the bottom of the springs captive. The springs on all 3 are identical and seem to be of very good quality.

Shot 100 rounds of each of 9X18; mags fully loaded
Novosibirsk 92 g, bimetal case and bimetal fmj
Red Army Standard (Poland) brass case, 93 g lead core fmj

There were no failures of any kind through the course of 200 rounds, rapid, one handed, double taps, etc. You go through 200 rounds quick with 12 round mags.

The only negative is that one of the mags from Apex refuses to drop free, loaded or not. The other one from Apex and the one that came with the pistol drop free whether empty or fully loaded. This may iron itself out or not...

All three were very dirty inside with a black crud (carbon?) on the springs.

The pistol is about as accurate as a military surplus Makarov which is to say, very. Better sights and 4 more rounds capacity are what some may say advantages...if I had to choose one over the other to go to the mattresses, I'd stick with the Mak.

You hafta decide whether the mags from Apex are worth 38.99 but they do seem to work as intended...more shooting may reveal a problem but I doubt it.I think they are good ones and I conclude that they are just as "surplus" as the crossed swords ones.

If a guy loosens up the grip screw a bit can help with mags dragging a bit. Also some grip panels protrude just enough into the mag well to create friction enough to keep the mag from dropping free. Or check the cut out on the mag for the mag catch, I had a couple that the hole had one side sticking out a little. Tapped it back in a little and then it drops free as well.

Back