CZ75b vs HS2000 vsRugerKP95d

Tropical Z

These are my final choices for a high quality 9mm.I can't decide and want to jump off a bridge!I don't know about long term results with the HS2000 and am concerned about future parts availability for it and the CZ75b.The Ruger is least pleasing to the hand and eye but i assume parts would not be a problem.I will go with what the members recommend most.HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I have never handled the CZ or the HS. I have a Ruger P95 that fits my hand, is as reliable as can be, and in general is completely satisfactory. Whatever you decide, I hope it works out for you.

The Ruger P-95 is THE best VALUE on the market today. Affordable, durable, lightweight, and hi-caps still fairly reasonable. It's funny, five years ago it was the best value and still is. What's everybody else been doin'? As far as the grip- try a Houge full size Hand-All. Makes a big difference. Had a CZ85 for a short time and liked it alot. Affordable, robust(all steel), nice looking, and man was it accurate. Don't know about the other one. Best Regards, J. parker

The decision is yours ;-)

With CZ75 you will not make wrong decision, either you choose the PCR compact - alloy framed and decocker equiped model (very comfortable for its size and grip shape), or the full size CZ75/85B. All CZ are reliable and beautifull!
I love CZ, but as my first gun I decided Glock - I love it too! ;-) No word about reliability, accuracy and other stuff, both guns are great, but representing two different worlds.
Test them in your hand, and decide what one fits you best.

I have the CZ75B, I have the HS2000, I have the P97 (45ACP). It would be a hard choice because they all shoot very well. I believe I like the feel of the HS2000 the best thou. As far as the best bargain goes, it would be a toss up between the HS2000 and the Ruger.

[Edited by rblack on 01-12-2001 at 07:38 PM]

Like these guys said, get the one that fits *YOUR* hand best.

I would prob place the CZ and Ruger as better options than the HS2000 since the CZ and Ruger have such a long history of durability/reliability. I haven't read of anyone doing any type of torture test to see just how durable and reliable the HS2000 really is. And you can NOT get HS2000 hicap mags (if you're in the USA) while the Ruger and CZ hicap mags are relatively cheap and available. Now, since you said the Ruger didn't fit your hand as well, I'd say you can't go wrong with the CZ 75B...

I can't speak about the HS2000 but I have a CZ75B and a Ruger P95DC. The Ruger is cheaper as already mentioned but the CZ is not too much more and a hell of a lot more gun than the Ruger, IMHO. I took my CZ75B, which has been sitting in my safe for several months, to the range today and was amazed at its accuracy and how little recoil it has because of its all steel construction. The DA pull is not that bad and the SA trigger was crisp and had no creep. The trigger on my Ruger is not nearly as nice and the pistol is not as accurate as the CZ. I needed to make some room in my safe so a couple of pistols had to go. I put the Ruger on consignment at the range today, the CZ is in my safe. As I mentioned earlier, it had been several months since I had shot the CZ75B and I had forgotten what a good shooter it is for not an arm and a leg. Mine has the black polymer finish and came with a 10 round mag and a 15 round mag for $349. Hell of a deal.

Get the CZ

As others have mentioned, the one that feels best in your hand is the one to get. Assuming that they all feel good to you, I would recommend the CZ-75B. I got one about a year ago and love it. I wish I would have discovered CZs years ago. It is now my favorite shooter and I even got my wife a Compact model for our 10th anniversary.

Joe

I agree with the general consensus. I`m not familiar with the HS2000 but I have a CZ-75B Mil. and a Ruger P-97 .45. I wasn`t prepared to like the CZ as much as I do,it was supposed to just be a cheap to shoot range gun. Now I carry and shoot it more than the Ruger. They both feel good in the hand (in different ways,hard to explain) and the trigger pulls are pretty good on both. Both are quite accurate too. That being said the CZ is much easier to shoot well (to me) and the P-97 has to be having a very good day with just the right ammo to outshoot the CZ. Basically I shot the CZ better right out of the box than the P-97 after 1000rds. and the P-97 shoots well! Either the P-95 or CZ will serve you well but I`d lean toward the CZ. Marcus

I owned the Ruger and the CZ.

I traded away the Ruger for a better gun.

You'd have to put yourself at risk of being shot by my CZ75 before you could hope to get it away from me.

The Ruger's a good value. The CZ's a good pistol. Period.

Back