CZ75B Question

Prof

I am planning to purchase a CZ75B after hearing so many good comments about it here. However, the CZ-America site lists the model as CZ75B but the ads I've seen in Shotgun News, etc. list the CZ75B models as "Military". Are these pistols the same in terms of fit, finish, etc.

Hello. I could be wrong, but I think that the only difference is in the matte finish and possibly, the stocks.
I think that these are a military overrun for Turkey.

Best.

And the Military model comes with 2 mags., 1-10 & 1-15. The current production models I've seen don't include a 15 rounder. The 15 rd. mag. is worth $45 or $50.

John

I don't know the answer to your "Shotgun News" question, however, I can tell you that I own a gun in matte finish chambered for 9mm that is labeled CZ-75B and I own a dual-tone gun chambered for 40 S&W that is labeled CZ-75B.

I believe the 'B' stands for the DA/SA configuration without a decocker and a frame mounted safety on the LH side only.

I do know that the CZ-75B will take cheap 9mm Sellier & Bellot ammo and put 10 hand held shots into a space the size of a Dixie Cup at 45 feet all day long. It is one fine pistol that you don't have to feed $25/box ammo to get good performance from.

Prof,

If you're interested in a .40, I believe it's only available as the CZ 75 B (no MIL designation). The .40 is the one I settled on and I am enjoying every minute of it. Can't go wrong with a CZ. :) (Or a Ruger! :) :) )

--
Mike

Thank you, all. I'll talk to my FFL about ordering the factory production model. I wanted a nicer, blued finish. The matter of magazines, unfortunately, is not a factor for me as I live in Kalifornia and cannot have the 15-rounders. :(

Prof. The CZ's black polymer finish is as nice or nicer than the shiney blue finish. If you can find them at a dealer take a look and compare. The CZ-75B Mil is exactly the same gun as the CZ-75B commercial variant, except you can get them with or without a 15 round mag from the CZ Connection. You won't be dissapointed with either version.

Pilot

Prof,

I also live in Kalifornia and was looking to get a CZ 75B in Satin Nickel. However, due to SB 15, every handgun avaliable for purchase in this sorry state (after 1/1/2001) must be on the DOJ approved list. At this time the only CZ 75B's listed are "Steel". This is being interpreted by most, if not all FFL's in this state as meaning the military matte black. Since the Polymer and the Nickel are not specifically listed, they can't be sold here. I have spoken with CZ USA and they are working on getting the other finishes listed also. You should call them as well.The more requets they get, the more likely they are to move on this. Otherwise, your choices are limited for now.

Russ

Differences

johnbt got it right, the main difference between the "military" model and a standard CZ75B with a poylmer finish is the preban mag. I've compared a Turkish overrun pistol with a standard polymer finish CZ75B side by side. The only difference is the Turkish crest that appears on the slide. Everything else is identical, down to the "night sights," which are nothing more than phosphoresent paint. The latest CZ poylmer finish is tough, a lot better than the light polymer they used a few years ago.

For the hardened CZ fan, there was once a true military model. This was produced in very small numbers right at the time that the CZ75 was introduced. This pistol came with cobby wood grips, most examples that survive had the grips replaced to the standard kidney stippling, a boxy rowel hammer compared to the spur hammer of standard CZs, a lanyard ring at the base of the mainspring houseing, it was either four of five sided I can't remember but it's different from the one on the PCR, the finish was baked on and not blueing, and it had no serial numbers or any other markings. I've only seen one in person, and that was during a trip abroad. This isn't a clone but a genuine CZ 75. There are pictures of it in an old American Rifleman article that confirm its existence to the sceptics.

Russ,

I also live in California, and I see polymer finished CZ pistols in several local stores. Also the PCR (alloy compact with polymer finish). I was under the impression that finish wasn't an issue with SB15 as long as the actual frame material (steel/aluminum/plastic) is approved.

Doug

Doug,

I too thought that the finish didn't matter until I took a closer look at this confusing law. I even called the CA DOJ for clarification as I was going to have a Nickel CZ 75B imported from Georgia. The law says that if a gun is the same except for finish, grips, etc., it will not have to go through the drop and firing tests. However, the manufacturor must submit to the CA DOJ, "for inspection", any gun that differs in finish from the gun tested. If the CA DOJ agrees that the gun tested differs only in finish, then the manufacturor has to certify, "under penalty of perjury", that the gun with the different finish is the same as the tested gun in no other respects except for finish. After this, then CZ must pay the State of California $200 per year to list it on the approved roster. You may indeed be able to get the Polymer finished ones as they look like blue steel. If you look at the CA DROS, it specifies whether the gun is "blue steel" or Nickel or Stainless finish. Lately, all I see for sale is the Military version. I have run this by the two biggest retailers in the state, B & B and Turners. They say they can't sell it unless it appears specifically on the approved list. I called CZ and they said they are working on it. Take a look at all the other makers guns listed, many of them differ only in finish. The Alloy CZ's you mentioned are not 75B's.
This is what happens when the politicians pass laws that the bueraucrats expected to enforce them can barely comprehend, let alone the avearage person.

We need to kick the democrats out or we will get more and more or crap laws like this one until we are left with bows and arrows. Then those will surely be banned. Darn those assault bows!

Russ

Outside of the subject that only idiots can figure out the gun laws tha the idiots have passed in Kali, the polymer CZ actualy costs more than the blued or plated gun. It is a more expensive and better finish,it is not paint like the old CZs came with. It is a electorlisis powder coat over a nice park job that is better than the now approved finish for US issue guns. So where is this crest on the military turkish guns? Is that the profmark behind the edjector? that is not a crest but a proofmark then.

Just to obscure things in an unconstructive manner, I was told the "Turkish" guns were ordered by their national police force, thus making it eligible as an "ex-law enforcement" weapon. I do not believe that ex-military weapons make the assault weapons ban cut for importation purposes.

These weapons, regardless of their original destination, still made it into our country in an unused condition. I am inclined to believe there are some bureaucrats on our side, dontcha think?

Back