CZ75 magazine availability?

Oleg Volk

Staff Alumnus
How many rounds does a standard .40 magazine for a CZ75B hold?

Are standard 14rd magazines available for CZ75 Compact?

Where could I buy magazines for different variants of CZ75?

Probably the best place to buy magazines is from CZ-USA. The last time I bought mags from them, they had competitive prices ($35 for 15rnd CZ-75) and I didn't have to wonder whether or not they were the real deal.

I'm of mixed emotions about CZ-made mags. I had a CZ-75 and now shoot a CZ-85 Combat, and bunches of mags (needed for the plate matches I sometimes go to.)

I've got a bunch of Pro-Mag hi-caps, a bunch of Magnum Research 10 rounders (strange little mags using coil springs rivited to the top of the mag), and a number of CZ-original hig caps and 10 rounders.

The only mags I've really had trouble with are the CZ-mags; I've had two fail. The lips holding on the base plate of one hi-cap failed, and the plastic portion at the bottom of a ten round is slipping so that it won't feed properly. CZ made the 15 rounder good, and I'm sure they'll fix the 10 rounder, but the Pro-Mags and Magnum Research mags cost a lot less and haven't given me the first problem.

No, whether you can get what you need for the compact model is another story...

The standard CZ75 .40 magazines are 10 round only.I use Promags,they work better than the factory mags and only cost about $15.

I just checked the latest CDNN catalog and the 15rd mags made by Mecgar are 39.99 and the Czech ones are 49.99

The TZ99(south african) 15rd's are 29.99

All 3 of these are on page 30 of the CDNN downloadable catalog that was just released and is available on their website http://www.cdnninvestments.com

Now on page 36 they are advertising Promag 15 rd's for the CZ75 for 14.99-----that's about the cheapest you're gonna find them I believe...

Believe the original factory 9 mm compact mags were 13 rounders (identified by curved lip on bottom), later ones were 12 rounders. The 13 and 12 rounders are very scarce, CDNN had them a while back. They are not available anywhere last time i checked. The compact mags from other manufactures do not function in an unmodified form, although got a couple i will sell ya.

Oleg,

I believe all the CZ .40S&W magazines are 10 rounders since the .40 wasn't introduced until after the ban.

The standard capacity magazine for the CZ-75 Compact held 13 rounds. These are very scarse and bring a high price if you can find them.

I've picked up CZ magazines from the CZ Connection and Northeast Firearms They are also available at CDNN and J&G Sales. Personally, I stick to the facory magazines but I've heard reports of others having good luck with the cheaper Pro-Mags.

Joe

Back