CZ75 in .32 S&W Long??

anand

I was wondering if it was even possible to convert a CZ75 9mm to fire .32 S&W Long cartridges or even .32 ACPs.
Obviously the barrel and recoil spring need to be changed. The extractor & magazines have to be modified.
There would be no need for the groves on the slide and barrel, ie it can be a straight blowback.
Does the slide need any other internal changes??
It would probably make a good target pistol,
(what with the inherent accuracy of the .32 S&W Long Wadcutters & heavier weightof the pistol itself)
I was looking at the 1998 Standard Catalog of Firearms and saw a picture of Renato Gamba pistol(A CZ75 clone) in 7.65mm Parabellum. That got me thinking.

anand, there is almost nothing that can't be done with enough work to a pistol. I haven't done a conversion of this type and really don't know how to advise you. The magazine might be a problem in the .32 long. I'm sure you could find a .32acp that could be altered to fit for that round. Other than that it sounds like you're on the right track. George

Hi, Anand,

Neither cartridge would function a locked breech pistol, so you would have to convert it to a blowback. That, and of course the caliber change, would require a new barrel. The slide would still probably be too heavy and would require lightening or making a new slide. Then the breech face of the 9mm won't work with the .32ACP so you would have to work that over or, again, make a new slide. If you went with the rimmed cartridge, feeding problems would probably crop up.

You can buy some target pistols in .32 S&W Long, and they work OK, but they are designed around the cartridge.

As George says, with enough skill and money, anything is possible.

Jim

Back