CZ75 B- how to remove firing pin for cleaning?

Marko

Inactive
I want to clean the firing pin on my cz75-b. The cz75-b has the firing pin safety, and the instuctions don't cover disasembly(at least I couldn't find it). Does anyone know how to do this? Or does it even need to be done very (200 rounds or so) often? Thanks in advance.

I'd like to know too, but so far not enough to make an effort to find out. I figure if they wanted me to take it apart they would have told me how :)

I bought one last summer and shoot it weekly. I haven't had the first problem and I don't spend a lot of time cleaning anything other than the bore. All I do is wipe it out everytime I shoot it and then give it a thorough cleaning with spray cleaner and a toothbrush every couple of weeks or 500 or so rounds.

Oh, BTW, I have the Military model. You should see me fuss over the blue guns.

John

Maybe I'm being compulsive. My cz75-b isn't blued, but is covered in a black teflon looking substance. It does clean up very easily, is as accurate as I let it be, and has yet to jam or misfire. Maybe I'm doing more harm than good by "over cleaning" (if thats posible). I will try your approach for a while. Thanks!

Your finish is a polymer paint, and its a very good finish; very scratch resistant.

I've had several CZs -- and my favorite gun, today, is a CZ-85 Combat. Like Johnbt, about all I do is pull a "boresnake" [damped with hoppes or CLP] through the barrel from time to time, and wipe it down. About once every 5-6 weeks I clean it thoroughly. (It gets shot a lot: 100-300 rounds a week.)

The chance of a malfunction from a dirty firing pin/firing pin chamber with this gun is probably almost non-existent.

Back