CZ70 .32 acp

big_red

Inactive
I just bought one of these CZ50/70 but am confused.is it a 50 or 70,from what i read the 50 is out of production.Also any advice to defensive ammo i can use with this gun without blowing it up would be helpful. I know nothing about quality of these,i coulnt pass up the price.Any experiences or tips will be greatly apprecieated.
Thanks,
Red

CZ50 or CZ70

If I remember correctly, The 50 has reddish brown lined grips on it and the 70 had black checkered on it. What did they tell you it was when you bought it? There really isn't to much different from the two. The 70 is just the updated version, I really don't think they changed anything.
As far as reliability mine are jamomatics, They would not feed hollowpoints and would jam on round nose about every third round. Some say that if you polish the feed ramp it will correct this and some say the problem is in the mag springs. I just retired them to the safe as collectables and haven't looked at them since.
They are well built guns though. I'll have to get them out and refamiliarize myself with them.
Hope this helps a little ;)

The 50 and 70 are so alike that without having them side by side I couldnt really tell you their differences.
The 70 has more of a countoured grip than the 50, and there is soemthign different about the hammer on it aswell, but I cant remember what.

I good friend of mine owns a 50 and I own a 70.
I am extremely happy with my 70, its accurate, feels good in my hand, and is a heck of a pointer. All in All it has become my favorite pistol.
I have never had it jam on me once, and thats the honest truth, Altho It doesnt have more then 200 rounds through it in my possesion. It fed hollowpoints and hardball perfect, never had problems with either.
Very well made, I am one of the "If this were made today it would sell for so much just to cover manufacturing costs that it wouldnt be practical to buy." club. This i think is fairly true of the CZ 50 52 and 70 series.

As far as I know neither are in production today.

thanks guys,as far as i know they arent produced today.it seems to be well used.if it helps it says VZOR 70 CAL 7.65 .
they said it was a 50 but since it says 70 that tells me that it is more likely a 70 unless they stamped that on every gun.

Red,

My thoughts on ammo for .32s...

Given the low power of the round, I really think you're best sticking with hardball ammo to get as much penetration as you possibly can.

According to the experts on the Curio & Relics list, about the only differences between the CZ-50 and CZ-70 is when they were made. A number of guys there have CZ-50s with CZ-70 on the slide (both markings shown).

No big difference in the two; parts are interchangeable.

I have a CZ-50. Nice little gun; very accurate, very reliable -- once I found a good magazine for it.

"VZOR" means "model", so there you go.

According to Hogg's "Handguns of the World" the differences between the models was only cosmetic, mostly in the grips as others have noted.

As for ammo, the Fiocchi 71-gr FMJ is a hot little round with a bullet designed to penetrate.

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC

The CZ-50 is listed in the C&R list, but I don't see the CZ-70 there. One has to wonder if the BATF would consider them C&R guns, it's so hard to figure out what they think.

Back