CZ50

Kevin Keller

Inactive
I BOUGHT A CZ50(CHEAP PRICE)IN 32ACP. ANY BODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM? SEEMS TO BE A DECENT PIECE AFTER A LITTLE WORK ON THE MAG LIPS

I've been looking at a CZ-50 also. Partly because it's small and partly because it will fill out another portion of my CZ collection. You'll find quite a few CZ-50 and CZ-70 (the 50's younger brother) owners at www.makarov.com . I don't believe there are any owners on this board, however (mainly due to the lack of response to my thread on the same topic).

My understanding is that these pistols tend to be pretty reliable with FMJ, but shouldn't be fed JHP for two reasons. One, they were designed for FMJ and need some feed ramp work to reliably cycle JHP. Two, with the rather anemic power of .32 ACP, you should use FMJ to get every bit of penetration possible.

Give me a lowdown on your findings.

Gentlemen, I have both the CZ50 and the CZ70
pistols. I have found that both are as someone coined the phrase Jamamatics. They are neat little handguns and seem too be well built. My problem is with the magazine springs I believe and I didn't get a chance to order new springs for them. I had ordered what was suppose to be new surplus mags for them but they were just as bad as the originals. I fired Finnochi ball through mine and they both jammed every third or fourth round. I also tried JHP rounds and they wouldn't even feed period. They are fun guns to shoot but to me they are very unreliable. Maybe my opinion will change once I have some time to replace those springs. Springs can be obtained from Wolfsprings Inc. They have a web page and I believe they are listed under the Markarov page.

Happy Holidays and Happy Shooting

------------------
Help Stamp Out Gun Ignorance.

I HAVEN'T HAD ANY JAMS SINCE I DID THE WORK ON THE MAG. JUST PUT A BEVEL ON THE FRONT OF THE MAGAZINE WHERE THE BULLET NOSE HITS AND THEN POLISHED THAT AND THE THE FEED RAMP ALSO,NO JAMS IN ABOUT 50 ROUNDS(ALL I'VE HAD TIME FOR)

Back