cz50 vs. cz70 vs. cz83

wolfz

I'm interested in getting a cz in .32ACP for plinking and collecting. Can anyone tell me the functional and quality differences between the cz 50, cz70 and the cz83? How about a reasonable price for each? Thx, wolfz

Owned all three at one time or another. Now have only the CZ83, allwere/are .32ACP/7.65. CZ50 and 70 are truly "medium" size, 83 is "large medium". BUT, my 83 has 15 round magazine. That plus one in chamber is a whole lot of WWSTHP. Triggers on 50/70 are atrocious, on the 83's very, very nice in DA and SA. 50/70 imprts now very cheap, 83 is more. More difficult to conceal, and one asks "why?" when alternatives in more potent calibers in equal-size or smaller guns abound. In same caliber (.32ACP, there is the surprisingly good KelTec P32, a low-recoil, locked breech, lightweight and very thin pocket pistol.All three CZ's are collectibles and CZ has always made good guns. The 83 is larger because original chambering was/is 9mm Makarov. According to Blue Book, it is available in 9mm MAK through the importer. Haven't seen one so chambered. For CCW, the operative question becomes: "Can you cache a small Czech?". Sorry, TFL, I just couldn't resist!

Didn't read previous post. I'd say that the CZ83 is the better gun if it's a bit larger. The other two are collectible but heavier and aren't nearly as refined. The CZ-83 is perhaps the pinnacle of .380 design. You really can't go wrong.

My local range, which also sells guns (and is a CZ dealer) has the CZ-83 in 9mm Makarov. Nice little gun, but for the money, I'd buy an EG Makarov, instead. (Save $150 or so...)

I also have a CZ-50. Mine has a good single-action trigger and it is remarkably accurate. The DA trigger feels like I'm trying to lift a 1970 chevy using a bumber jack.

The problem with CZ-50s and CZ-70s is finding good magazines; the magazine causes a lot of problems for most 50/70 owners.

CZ 50,70

That is exactly what they are collectors. One is from the 50's and the other is the 70's updated version. Mine are jamomatics. They are nice guns though for a collection ;)
Wouldn't trust my life with one :eek: Do yourself a favor and get a Mak, you'll like it better :)

Back