CZ SP-01 for IDPA?

Link

I'm considering a CZ SP-01 for range and IDPA use.

I've found two, the standard SP-01 and the SP-01 Tactical, for the same price.

The difference in the two is that the Tactical has Tritium night sigts and a decocker, and the other has standard 3-dot sights and a manual safety.

Of these two, which would you say would be more suited for IDPA?

I know the TNS won't add anything to daytime shooting, but will they take away from it?

What about manual safety vs. decocker in IDPA, or does that really even matter, since most other guns I've seen in matches (Glocks) have neither?

I'm thinking I should go with the Tactical TNS model, since it's the same price.

On another note, have any of you guys used/seen an SP-01 in IDPA? If so, what holster did you/they use?

I've noticed there doesn't appear to be much of a holster selection. The only one I've found so far is a Blade Tec.

Thanks...

I would get the manual safety. You can always lower the hammer by hand. If you decided to shoot other games other than idpa you would have the option of starting with hammer back safety on.

CZ-USA doesn't list the tactical on thier website, only the standard and custom shop version. I would love the decocker version.

If you choose to use a SP01 in IDPA, then you need to contact Matt Mink. There are things that need to be done to put the SP01 on a diet so that it will make weight for use in IDPA classes. Matt has done it. As far as the conventional safety versus the decocker, that's a matter of personal preference. I use a SP01 (safety version) in USPSA Production division and love it.

BTW, my safety version came with tritium sights as well (though now they're CZ Competition sights with FO front).

Like Mike said unless you do some part swapping the SPO1 will be to heavy for IDPA. Gun does really well up here in IPSC Production. Not sure how well it would do against the Glocks in SSP and the 1911 9MM in ESP.

Take Care

Bob

With the decocker, all you have to concentrate on is your front sight and squeezing your trigger. Your pistol is now at a midpoint between DA & SA. It's not even noticeable once your course of fire begins.

Back