cz ringneck

Brutus

See one at Gunbroker 20ga. 26" barrels for $750.00.
Is this a good price for a used one? Looks in good shape.
Anyone out there own one of these?
How do you like it?
Looks like a nice fast handling shotgun for grouse.

I hear they're OK if you just do occasional hunting. But won't stand up to constant shooting.
That's why "proper" SxSs cost thousands of dollars. The money isn't in the fancy wood and engraving. It's in making sure the gun will last.

My conclusion is if you're looking for a cheap double, simplicity is your friend. These things are already built to a lower standard, so the less stuff that can go wrong the better.

Dual triggers and exposed hammers are the way to go on a cheaper double. So if CZs are your thing, a Hammer Classic is probably a better bet. Otherwise try the Cimarron 1878 Hammered Colt replica. Chinese made but I hear great things about it.

What kind of grouse? Ruffles in the thick NE trees? Then 26" barrels might work well. Other types out West where shots are different, you might want longer barrels for a smoother swing. That price isn't a whole lot less than a new one, so go accordingly.

Will be used in the U.P. Thick underbrush and forests.
I admit it's no Churchill or Westly & Richards but it's gotta be better than the Stevens I once owned. CZ's in my experience have been top quality even if the gun is Turkish made I doubt CZ would put their name on it if it were junk. I have had a chance to handle one at my local GS and it appeared well made. He wanted just south of 1K so I thought $750 was a good price.
Nickle Plated you haven't mentioned if you have personal experience or I just voicing an opinion. I'd love a Beretta as I have one of their O/U, just can't afford it.:(

I think that's the one a friend of mine has. Nice shotgun.

As for the Stevens, I have a Stevens 311 20 gauge made just after WW II that I bought from another member here.

I LOVE that shotgun and am contemplating sending it off to have the barrels fitted for choke tubes.

No personal experience I'm afraid. Just lots of reading and researching on the matter.
If you're concerned about durability. Perhaps look at what all the Cowboy Action guys use since they tend to shoot those guns alot. nd just get the longer barrel version of those. The Cimarron seems to get lots of good reviews.

CAS guys don't come close to target shooters or serious bird hunters. For some grouse, the CZ should do fine IF it FITS

My CZ Ringneck, a 28 ga 28", is a nice gun that I like very much. I've only had it for three months, so I can't weigh in on its longevity but I have no qualms about that, or about it coming from Turkey.

Hulu builds them. Their reputation is good. Mine shoots very well on clays. Haven't hunted with it yet, but look forward to doing so.

A400 is right about fit.

Yeah the fit thing is what keeps drawing me in. The one I handled fit like a glove. Seemed just about perfect for me.

Back