cz prices going up???

huntery

Inactive
Is this real or is my dealer yanking me?
Just ordered a NIB cz 75b for 339.00, dealer states this is last years price and would give it to me at price quoted.
But is the entire line also affected?
Picked up a NIB cz 83 for 319.00 , I know this is a lot but I really like the way it looks and feels.

CZ Prices

Huntery, I am from the CZ country - Czech Republic and CZ have already inceased the prices by 15% here in autumn 2000. The actual local CZ75 prices starts at 435 USD for polymer finnish CZ75B, going up to 485 for satin nickel/duo-tone model. The BD and compact BD models are only few bucks more expensive and the CZ 85 is 465 for polymer finnish, up to 515 for Satin nickel one. Please keep in mind, those prices do not reffer to anything than Czech Rep., I do not know what may happen with the prices in US. Also the prices I have mentioned are calculated from the ones CZ list on their czech website (http://www.czub.cz/zbrane.HTM - button "cenik") using the today exchange rate between USD and CZK.
The truth is, that CZ feel bit underpriced on the market what may lead some people to think CZ are cheep and crappy guns... They are not!

I remember when the prices for the CZ75B were generally around $319 NIB, and they now seem to go for $350 and up. Many stores here in Houston sell them for $399 now, so yes, the prices are going up. That said, you can still find them for much less online if you shop around. Jgsales.com in AZ is a good place to check.

CZ 110

The CZ 110 is only slightly more expensive than the CZ 100 and CZ is also offering here a upgrade for CZ 100 owners to get it to the CZ110 standard.
CZ 110 - approx 365 USD (CZ 100 325 USD), again calculated from prices in Czech Rep. using the actual exchange rate - so just for orientation purpose.

I also just picked up a CZ 83...wow, a great gun. Mine is very accurate. I paid a bit less ($289.00). However, mine was a factory scratch/dent unit....it had two small scratches on the slide. It's got a nickel satin finish and looks great! I also was able to get a factory hi-cap thrown in and got the chance to buy 3 more for $20/ea. All in all I was satisfied. In KC the CZ 75B is running $389
Enjoy your CZ 83!

Prices in Australia have risen by about 25% in the last 4 years--this is because the CZ's were new to the market and had not proven themselves.Now they have,and up the price goes.

Thanks everyone for your responses.
Believe me I'm not griping about the prices.
My dealer didn't get my CZ yet and felt bad because I was suppose to pick it up at a gun show. He returned my deposit but was willing to sell me a NIB cz 75 for 319.00, again to be picked up at the next show. Next will be the Kadet kit from northeast firearms.
Just wondering, What lured you to the CZ's?

just saw one in the case , and handled it. didn't buy that one, as i was looking for a .40. bought a baby eagle .40fs. could not get used to the trigger, but it was a well made pistol. so i thought, forget the clones, get the real thing. now i have the 75b sa in 9mm. it's a great pistol, especially considering the price. one of the best values out there.
kdub

I was looking at an HK USP45, but the price for the new CZ 97 is quite enticing. Can any of you confirm or dispel the notion that this CZ is a match for the revered USP? Is there an actual reason for the price difference (in spite of the climbing prices for the CZ...?) And the CZ is a far more elegant weapon, in my old-fashioned opinion...

Much obliged

I actually was also looking at a CZ 97 a few weeks back, I was able to visit with a CZ person at a recent gunshow...I explained I had a H&K, Sig 220, Glock 21...and asked point blank if the "97" was up to those I'd already purchased. The answer was no. I understand they have had and continue to have a few problems with the 97...I am not a gunsmith, so I do not have any particulars...just was told they had a few areas to clean up yet. I was told the same thing from my local CZ dealer....just not up to the mark yet. But, man I like the look and feel of the gun!
This was just what I heard...I do not own one (yet!)

Back