CZ pistols

jason79

First off I have a SIG P239 357SIG. I must say it is one of the finest made pistols I have ever owned/shot. But Ive been hearing a lot about the CZ line of pistols as far as extreme accuracy and reliabilty. Very dependable and well built. My question is this, at around $300.00 I know they use a lot of non-reusable roll pins on the internals. Does this make it difficult to fully strip and then assemble. Do the pins fall out? Do they hold the internal parts in place as well as pins or screws? Thanks,

jason

IIRC, roll pins are actually called spring pins, as they do exert spring tension in order to keep themselves in place. They are time proven, and present no problems. FYI, the Sig pistols w/removable breech blocks use them to retain the block in the slide. The BHP uses one to retain the bar that transfers the trigger pressure onto the sear. The rule of thumb is; however, to replace them with fresh ones after disassembly. The assumption is that they weaken in tension after each take-down. Plus, it you do not use the proper pin punch designed for them, you can bugger up the impacted end which is quite unsightly.

Back