CZ finish questions...

ar-180

I'm thinking of getting a CZ75 as a little gift for myself. What finishes are offered? As far as I can tell there is a matte blue, a polished blue, a nickel, a
two-tone, and a polymer. Any I'm missing here? The CZ website has no info on these finishes. What does the two tone look like? Any recomendations? Thanks in advance...

It would really depend on your own personal preference. I really like matte black finishes on my firearms, so I absolutely love the polymer finish. If you like nickle plating on your pistols, I believe the factory nickle is very attractive. YMMV...

I've had a CZ-75B with the Black polymer finish, and now have a CZ-85 Combat with the nickel finish. I much prefer the Nickel finish -- but that's just for "looks"...

The black finish on my CZ-75B proved to be far more durable than I expected, and after a year, mine looked almost like new, despite some rough handling. The only mar on the finish was due to my misuse of a brass punch, drifting the rear sight. (it created a small chip which was easily hidden using "cold" bluing solution.)

CZ75 Compact

Walt, how durable/corrosion resistant is the nickel finish. Im thinking about the 75 compact but really worry about the steel frame rusting. Is the inside of the gun coated as well? Over time, will nickel discolor? If Im so worried about rust, should I just buy the PCR compact? Thanks,

jason

Back