CZ compacts

AlexGRT

Any one have experience witht he CZ compact vs the new PCR? I was also wondering about the EAA/Tangfolio/etc compact guns. Which one would you get? Have seen the CZ's in G&A and the .40 seems to be innacurate while the 9mm's shine. I would really like to get a CZ compact in 40, but is the performance(reliability and accuracy) close to the 9mm?

I have not seen the CZ compact in .40. I have a PCR and I love it. It is Sig accurate. I have also shot an EAA Witness .40 compact in stainless with the "combat porting"
I really like the EAA not as much as my CZ but it sure was nice for a .40 compact. It was not as accurate as the CZ 9 but I didnt expect it to be.

AlexGRT,

I also have the CZ PCR in 9mm and find it to be just as accurate or more so than my full size CZ75B. The PCR also has a much better trigger pull than the full size. I don't know if that is because the PCR has a decocker and the full size has a safety or what, but it does.
I also have the Witness PS full size polymer frame 9. The trigger on that gun is actually better than either CZ.

AlexGRT,

I have a regular CZ-75 Compact as well as a full size CZ-75B. (Well, the Compact was bought for my wife but I use it more than her.:)) Both are very nice pistols. The full size has a better trigger but it has been used a lot more. The triggers get better with use or you can pay a good 'smith about $60 to make it real nice. Personally, I find them good enough out of the box so I don't do anything but shoot them. It's a bit more difficult to be accurate with the Compact but not by much and both are more accurate than my other 9mm's. Reliability with both has been 100% in my experience. No problems at all.

I'd like to check out a PCR because I like the idea of the lighter frame for CCW purposes but I don't care for the decocker. I might just get another regular Compact for me to use so my wife can use the other one.

Joe/Ga

How's the quality of the EAA Witness and Tangfolio pistols? All I have fired are full size REAL CZ's. I like the looks of the CZ clones but we all know looks don't mean crap if the thing doesn't work.

I've got a Witness compact .40, in what they call "wonderfinish". Yeah, the EAA marketing guys have their heads up their a$$es. Anyway, its supposed to be a heat treat process, similar to Tenifer, looks like matte stainless, pretty nice. Its also very tough and corrosion resistant, Ive been using mine as a carry gun, IWB, no hint of rust or wear. I'm happy with the gun, especially for $300. I've only fired about 500 rounds, flawless so far. Only issue is the trigger, SA is OK, but no where near a good 1911. I carry condition 1, and don't care about the DA. Need to see a smith, and see if it can be worked on on the cheap.

The only CZ compact I've handled was in the polymer finish. Supposed to be tough, but I didn't care for it. I understand the nickle ones and polished blue are real nice looking. The frame to slide fit on this one was perfect (Witness not quite as good), but the Witness trigger was a bit better. Take your pick.

As to EAA quality, do a search on this forum, there are some posts about parts failures due to poor heat treat. Supposedly Tanfolgio quality has improved considerably in the last few years, I've never had any problem with mine, but its nearly new. EAA customer service also may be spotty, I've seen some real favorable posts here, others bad. The exterior of my guns are well finished. Insides good where it counts, there are some machine marks on the inside of the slide.

Witness compact is available in 9mm, 40, 10mm, 38 super and 45. Also a polymer if you prefer, I have that in a .45, prefer the steel one. Hope this helps.

Bri

A friend of mine bought a PCR about a year ago. He carries it loose in a duffle bag and otherwise knocks it around quite a bit. It still looks great - no significant chips or wear in the polymer finish. It also shoots reliably and well. It seems very solid and well-made. I like it a lot. In fact, I bought one. But I haven't picked it up yet. But I have shot my friends and I think its a great gun.

Doug

I had a TZ Clone

I had a TZ clone and it was too heavy for its size. Something like a Glock 19 or 26 would be more size and weight efficient. Regards, Richard.

Back