CZ Bobwhite anyone?

Creek Henry

Anyone have or ever shoot one? For a low end sxs, they look nice. Chasing rabbit with a 20 sxs was a true joy when I was younger and I'd like to do it again with my son. Anyway, they look better then the Stevens equivilent.

They do look nice and very well may be nice, but it's been my experience that you'll need to part with at least a grand or so (or so meaning likely more) to get a new double that is finished right, handles well and-most importantly, holds up. I believe they're discontinued now but the Ruger Red Labels I think was as cheap as you could buy a "decent" double.

If I was in the market to buy a good double (be it sxs or o/u) for the least amount of money, I'd be looking for a nice used one.

But to your point, the CZ "Bobwhite" certainly looks good in a "classic" sense (which is how I prefer my doubles to be configured). Also, the better made Turkish manufactured shotguns do seem to have good reviews for the most part and CZ has always offered firearms that are well-made with good performance records. It's quite possible that the Bobwhite is the exception to my arbitrary and entirely subjective "rule of thumb".

A used "Uggie" (Ugartechea) is a nice Spanish double that is also worth looking at. I do not believe the Bobwhite is over $1K; in the world of well-made SxS guns, $1K is nothing; most tend to start north of $4K when new. The Dickinson, a nother Turkish gun like the CZ, is available from Cabela's and is - IMO - a better made Turkish gun. This same company made the S&W Elite Gold (same gun), and the Kimber Valier sidelock.

A buddy of mine has one. I think they represent great value, and looks, for the money. If I wasn't so invested with all the shotguns that are made in Brescia, I would consider getting one.

The Dickenson is a little pricey for me but it looks more refined. I just wish I could shoot one. The last gun I bought without doing so didn't fit me very well.

Well, something to ponder, ty for the responses.

I have one. My wife gave it to me when we was dating about 8-9 years ago. I really have not shot it much(a few hundred rounds) and have never taken it hunting. It is a nice looking shotgun and I have had no troubles with it. The only compliant would be its pretty stiff to open and close. It has gotten better with use. The other compliant is that you can see a slight bulge where the chokes are at in the barrels. Not really a big deal.. I don't shoot it much because I try to use my duck hunting shotgun at the skeet range when I go. That way I stay in practice with it. Duck hunting is the only hunting I do with a shotgun. The cz is too pretty for that.

I probably need to take the cz out and put a few boxes through it. It always shot well.

Back