CZ-97B in IDPA

Langenator

What division would it end up in? I was thinking ESP, but one the list of excluded modifications are "Full length dust covers of carbon or stainless steel."

Now, the CA-97B has a full length dust cover, but it's not a modification-every -97B comes from the factory that way. So would it be excluded?

I think it might also qualify for CDP if it makes weight, as long as you download the mags to 8 rounds. Two different sources give two different weights for the 97B. The CZ-USA sight says 2.4 lbs, which translates to 38.5 oz or so, just under 39. world.guns.ru says 1150g, or 40.56 oz, just under the 41 oz cutoff for CDP. And I'm not sure if those numbers are with an empty mag or not.

Unless you're shooting at a major match, it's probably not going to be a big deal. Just show up at the match. Odds are nobody's going to care that much. We had a guy at our last match that didn't realize he couldn't use his Glock 17C because it was compensated. The RO just said to bring something else next time. If anybody objects, offer to take a "handicap" and have some penalties added to your score. I really don't think it will be an issue though.

If you already have one, shoot it. Nobody is likely to notice or care at a local match.

If you don't already have one, contact IDPA HQ and ASK before you spend the money. Sanctioned matches are checking guns closer now and you might run into trouble on configuration or weight, it is right on the ragged edge of the weight limit and you cannot depend on the catalog.

Back