CZ 97 in .45 ACP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike H

Anyone had their hands on the CZ 97 in .45 ACP, looks like a nice gun but I can't find one anywhere to try out. It's tempting me towards my first "large caliber" purchase.

Thanks In Advance

------------------
Mike H

I've held one, but haven't fired one yet. Its a good size chunk of steel, that's for sure. It's certainly not a carry peice. For home defense or range work its probably fine. Gets good reviews in the gun rags.

I have one and love it. Don't get to shoot it much right now, but have been able to hit milk jugs at 42 yards. This is my first .45 i wish it had come with 2 magazine instead of 1.

Mike,
I have several times contemplated the purchase of this weapon. This is a LARGE handgun, with a long DA trigger pull. I feel that one with medium to small hands will have a difficult time feeling comfortable shooting. That would be my biggest criticism. As Jack 99 stated, this is also a "big chunk of steel" and is not likely for serious concealed carry, but is ideal for Home Defense. I contacted CZ-USA and was told that this gun is NOT rated to shoot the .45 Super (fyi). Happy handgun buying...Mike

Guys,

Thanks for the replies, from your comments this weapon reminds me of the Taurus PT-99 in some ways. I'm definitely interested, the extra bulk should make shooting it more of a pleasurable experience, me being a .45 virgin and all.

RDF, mind if I ask what you paid for yours ?, thanks in advance,

Regards,

------------------
Mike H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back