CZ-97 a pistol with great potential (or not)

Highspeed

Inactive
I went to the gun-shop and finally got my hands on a CZ-97 pistol (.45, 10rds capacity). Holding the piece ( I have large hands ) revealed a solid, built like a tank piece of ordnance that could shoot .45 slugs with total easy and control. I own a USP .45 full size and eventhough it is a great, sweet shooting pistol, its muzzle flip prenvents me from fast and accurate double taps. Another good point is that it uses the same 10 rds magazine produced by Mec-Gar for the .45 Tanfoglio model. Each mag sell for $17.00.
I've received reports indicating that the CZ-97 is very accurate, one source says even more than his SIG P220. Yesterday I called CZ-USA, this model shares about 85% parts with the CZ-75. It can be modified to SA only (great for IPSC) and with a trigger job the action becomes smoother than my USP. CZ-USA's armorer, uses one for IPSC competitions. Any comments will be welcome.

I had a chance to shoot a CZ-97 and I was very impressed with it. Once i got familiar with how it fired and where it pointed, it had no problem blowing the center of an NRA 50' slow fire target. If I didnt already have a whole mess of pistols Id get a CZ-97. Id highly recomend one to anyone.

Just curious, how reasonably priced was the NIB CZ-97? I haven't seen one in the stores here in Houston yet, but I am intrigued by this new model. It may well be a candidate for my next purchase if the quality is comparable to my CZ-75B. Thanks.

Back