CZ-83 for CC

Mr986

I saw recently on post on the Mak board that Dan's Sporting goods had some used CZ-83's from the Israeli Army (?) . I haven't heard of this type of CZ before but from their website it looks like a PPK clone. Any experience with these pistols would be appreciated along with a comments as to whether they would work as a CCW. thanks for any help.

Any idea on how much they're going for? I believe I'm going to begin collecting a few CZs, albeit slowly. What caliber are they in? I'm only interested in the 9x18 CZ83. I guess I'll check the Makarov board myself on this one. Thanks for the heads up.
DAL

Hello. I have a CZ83 in .380. By today's standard, it's large for caliber, but not as big as a Beretta or Bersa, but certainly larger than a Walther PP. The sights are well-regulated for my eye, being dead on at 15 yards with most ammunition. Reliability has been 100%. The action is smooth in DA and the SA breaks cleanly; mine has no firing pin safety to gum things up. Fit and finish are fine. It's comfortable to shoot and easy to hit with. I kind of like them, but be aware that you can buy more powerful 9mm or even .40s in equivalent or smaller guns. Best.

Well made and accurate. I like the way it feels to. Those who complain about its size should understand that it's a double stack gun and is necessarilly wider than the single-stacks such as Bersa, PPK, Sig, etc. The Berettas are, however, in the same size class. They too have double-stack magazines. The CZ-83 is the primary sidearm for the Czech Army also. It's not DESIGNED for concealed carry. It will serve very well in that role IMHO.

Back