CZ 83 .32acp

There weren't that many made and they arent making any more. Just watch the internet selling sites. Try the "want to buy" areas that some gun sites and forums provide. In the meantime check out the Beretta 81s that are now available for excellent prices.

There is also the CZ 27, 50 & 70 that are pretty often available.

CZ 50:
standard.jpg

re: the .32 version of the CZ83...

PSP said:
There weren't that many made and they arent making any more. Just watch the internet selling sites. Try the "want to buy" areas that some gun sites and forums provide. In the meantime check out the Beretta 81s that are now available for excellent prices.

And be prepared to pay an obscenely high price for the .32 version of the CZ-83. There weren't that many that made their way to the U.S., and because of their relative rarity, they demand a premium price.

This is the CZ83 .32acp I had and sold several years ago. It's a nice shooting gun. I found it to be somewhat ammo sensitive. Seemed to favor European ammo. Using American ammo led to instances of rim lock. There are two styles of magazine that were available; the original and a later redesign to avoid rimlock. The later design has a recessed rear panel to make the interior dimension smaller.

Wood grips were a bit problematic as there is only one screw holding them in and it needed to be tight. This led to grips cracking. Using loc-tite and finding that "just enough" tightness solved that problem.

Of course today I wish I had kept it but I do remember the rimlock, (I only had old mags), causing much frustration. It was accurate and easy to shoot well. I think I paid around $400 for it new about 10 years ago or more. I've yet to find another for sale in person since.

The ammo that was troublesome, was it hollow point? Quite that ammo is prone to rim lock since it is shorter than fmj ball ammo.

Trooper Joe

No, mostly if not all ball ammo. I came to the conclusion that the case base and rim were a slightly different shape in U.S. versus European ammo. Just my observation with no imperical fact to back it up.

Back