cz 82

woody wood

bought another cz 82 and should be here in a few days from aim.
hope their as good as everyone else says,as i have one i bought about 8 months ago and have not shot yet.kind of funny?
i loaded about 800 rounds of 9x18 that i have used in a p64 that have worked great.all cases were turned down 9x19.
anyway hope im not"shooting my self in the foot"!!!

Well if you decide you just can't stand them I'll take at least one of them off your hands. :D

Never fired one either, but have yet to find anyone that has that doesn't like them.

Yea... they are junk... you wont like it.... But I would be willing to take it off your hands...:D I have 2, and they are my all around favorite. I have carried 1 until there isnt much finish left. Great pistol, accurate, 12 rounds, stouter than a 380, and have never had either of mine fail. And if you like the P64, you will REALLY like the CZ 82.

I just got mine from AIM

These pistols are REALLY NICE! What a robust pistol (all steel baby). I paid the extra 10 bucks for hand select and this gun has no holster wear, heck no wear on the finish at all, I can't be certain but I don't think it was issued. The magazine springs are really stiff and no finish wear on the mags either. The bore shines like a new penny also. I am SUPER happy. And AIM ships FAST!! I even like the holster that comes with it. Its an older police black leather holster, you can hang it on your belt or it has another attachment that clips on so the pistol drop down on your thigh a little. Let us know how yours is when you get it.

And I have no idea what the green nylon rope is for that comes in the box either. It has a clip on one end and a loop on the other. I guess thats a lanyard to clip on the butt of the gun and then to your belt to keep it from hitting the ground if you drop it.

Walked away from buying one at a gun show this past weekend. Muzzle was worn, scratches in the finish, and a big ugly import stamp on the side. Guy refused to deal, even when I told him I could get it online for about $80 cheaper, but preferred to go home with one that day. Said something along the lines of "well santa claus is dead and our prices are right. I aint doing no dealing" so I said fine, I was trying to give you a cash sale, but you have yourself a nice day.

twins-check back in a day or so and will post what i load.i need to go out to shop and check.
do you reload for 9x18?

i also will give update on new pistol when it gets here on thursday.
order took longer, due to when i ordered it ,they did not have hand pick option.the next day they did, so i had them change it.
i always wonder if hand pick is worth it or if some joe blow just takes one
off the top of the pile and says "ha ha-hand picked"?

as for not shooting my first one,i bought it when i bought a few surplus hand guns within the same few weeks and just never got around to it.
may end up refinishing the worse one? any one else had good luck on a cz refinish?

Last edited:
I bought a CZ vz82 a couple of years ago and was not impressed by the condition of the painted finish, though the pistol was in good overall shape. I bead-blasted it and gave it a new hot-bluing. Before -

09041502-cropped-shrunk.jpg

After -

10031111-cropped-edited-shrunk.jpg

Very Nice Jsmaye! I must have gotten lucky mine is super nice no wear at all. I'm chomping at the bit to see what the OP gets from AIM. If his is nice then that'll tell me (in theory) that they got a nice batch and I'll order another.

so twins- heres what ive done with 9x18

using berry's 95 gr
cci sp
bulleye 3.2 and 3.4 gr
oal .984 to .980
trim 9mm case to .706
loads have worked fine in p64

have s&b factory load which is
col .975
case .707

lyman manual states
case trim at .713
oal .984

hornady
case trim at .708
oal max .984

have not checked fps
seems to cycle ok
no signs of overpressure
seems like factory load.
need to do more work.

any advice from anyone else who reloads?

jsmaye: That hot blue job came out fantastic. My 82's finish is still good, no chipping, but it's got some marks in it and I might just have to try bluing it myself. That or maybe I'll just duracoat it black.

I wonder how an 82 would look with a high glossy bluing and some nice wood grips?

Woody,
Here is my 82 from AIM. I've also noticed that classic arms has them back in stock too. I need to clean up the ejector a little but, its in very nice shape. Looks like it was made in 1990
cz2.jpg

cz1.jpg

Yeah I did the hand pick, and I read that you did too. So I'm interested to see what you get. This is probably the nicest "hand pick" C&R I've ever gotten. I'm speculating that AIM has a nice batch in stock.

Woody wood:

I have a Vz 82 I got from J&G some time back. It was part of a group they had sent out, bead blasted, and parkerized. Great gun! I also reload for 9x18. While the 9mm para. cases can be shortened you have to be very careful with the inital firing. 9x18 chamber dimensions are not those of 9mm para. they have a larger diameter and you "could" have a case rupture. You also have to check your case mouths carefully (because of the bigger "bell" you need) after you case moth expand AND after seating the bullet. Trimming 9mm cases was popular years ago when the Russian Maks started being shipped here. Now that 9x18 brass is available there isn't a great need to shorten the para. brass.

I use 3.4 gr of TiteGroup and the Hornady XTP's with good results and high confidence. They feed and cycle just fine.

Not trying to be a smart a$$ about your reloading habits or style. You may be the safest reloader on the planet. I've been reloading a few decades myself and have both eyes and all my fingers.

djh i never take advice the wrong way because we all are not perfect.
thanks for advice-that is why most people are on here is to help each other!
ya i know-- ive been thinking about a order starline brass in 9x18 soon.
trimming is a pain and marking headstamp so it does not get in with 9x19 is a
pain.
wonder if starline is the only one with brass,may just buy reloadable ammo?

deerslayer--
just got my cz82
will post pictures soon.
the condition is better than the other i have. other than a light scratch here
or there i would say it looks just like yours in the picture-same condition.
i thing it is a 1989 production?
holster looks like new.

Back