CZ 82 parts

Clark500

While at the range the other day, the trigger guard on my cz 82 started to fall down between mag changes. When I got home I took it apart and found that the "lip" on the front of the trigger guard that snaps over the trigger guard pin was pretty worn. Does anybody know where I can get a new trigger guard? I have tried Numrich and Buymilsurp.com with no luck. I also tried CZ's website, but I couldn't find any info on ordering parts. I am not exactly sure if a CZ 83 trigger guard would work anyway.

If I can't find a new part, does anybody know what kind of metal the guard is made from? If it is steel, I could get somebody to run a bead of weld across the "lip" and then file to fit.

It doesn't pose a huge problem, as the installed mag keeps the trigger guard in place. But, as I said before it does pose a slight problem when changing mags so I would like to get it fixed if possible.

Try the big dealers that imported them. JG sales, Southern Ohio Gun, Tennessee Gun, etc. I've heard that they have some parts from guns that they bought that were in too poor condition to sell whole. They scavenged those guns to use as parts donors.

Call CZ-USA direct. I have always found them to be helpful. I do believe a CZ 83 guard will work, except you will have that funky looking "finger rest."

I found CZ 82 parts guns at Century, but they seem to be going fast. The poor condition ones are an OK price, but there is no telling if you'll get the part you need (they are listed as incomplete and can't/won't tell you which pieces are missing). The best ones are only priced about $60 less than a complete pistol listed in "excellent" condition! IMO, you'd be better off just getting a complete pistol for that price.

Got my incomplete, "poor" condition parts gun from century today. I haven't completely torn it apart yet, but after a quick examination it seems to be in remarkably good shape. Both grips are in great shape, it came with a good mag, and the trigger guard (the part I needed) is perfect. The slide is a bit scratched up and it is missing the slide stop, but other than that I don't see any other missing parts. The slide & barrel have matching numbers, but I believe the barrel has been changed at some point (it has standard rifling). The slide is marked 9mm Mak, but I thought they only used the polygonal barrels in 9x18. Any thoughts?

All in all, I would say $79 well spent.

Wow, well I was intending to buy some of those, I think that some are literal parts guns, built out by century as the have quite a number of "US" barreled pistols available.

Back