CZ-75 or 97 in single action?

Warm Bore

Hello all,

I heard a rumor at the last gunshow that CZ was putting out either a 75 or 97 model in single action (a la BHP). Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Warm Bore

Actually, there's been an SA-only version of the 75 for awhile and I assume the 97 as well. I'd love to get one one of these days; just a BHP with a better grip!
The only drawback is that from what I can tell you just about have to have it ordered, and one of the things I like about the CZ is the price you can get by shopping around. That's hard to do with the SA version because there aren't as many around.
http://www.cz-usa.com

EDIT: Actually, you have to get the ST IPSC pistol to get SA-only, apparently. So a SA-only standard pistol would be great. Maybe I was thinking of the EAA Witness?

Yep, the CZ 75 is now available as a SAO.

But, my question is since a standard CZ 75 can be cocked and locked, why do you need a SAO version? I like the option of carrying EITHER DA or "cocked and locked" as the standard CZ 75 allows.

You may be able to achieve a better pull w/the SA version, as the DA linkage is not there to complicate matters. It also has a slightly heavier slide profile, which may help with recoil recovery. The safety levers(ambi) on the new SA model have more surface area better shaped for Condition One use. If that is how you intend to carry it, that may be the way to go if you are buying your first CZ. You cannot argue with sub-1" at 25yds. no matter WHAT pistol you are discussing.:)

Wow that's good to here. I've never been able to get used to a double action pistol. The 1911's and BHP's have kinda' spoiled me in that department. However, the CZ-75 grip felt like it was molded to my hand. Now that I know there is a SAO CZ-75 the hunt begins. Is there a model number associated with this particular model?

Thanks for the help,

Warm Bore

cz 75b sa. good luck, they seem to be hard to find. ordered mine through a local shop, distributor told my dealer it was the only one around.
kdub

I`m sorry I still don`t get this. The best solution to not liking the CZ in DA mode is to just never manually decock it. The SA on my 75B is quite good. I dunno about all the 75SAs but G&A magazine`s example had a very heavy trigger (heavier than a standard 75B`s) and needed a trigger job right off the bat. I was hot on the idea of a 75SA too until I got my 75B. For that matter I don`t even carry it cocked and locked like I thought I would. Much to my suprise I shoot it just as well starting DA. Marcus

entirely different mechanism in the 75b sa. the stock 75b is very nice in single action, the sa is better.far more creep in the 75 b when in single action, still they are pretty good. i think i have an opinion on this one.
kdub

Warm Bore,

CZ is making the CZ-75SA in 9mm and .40S&W. There is not a SA version of the 97 (yet). I have read good things about the SA versions. I've tried one (dry fire) at a local gun show. Trigger felt pretty good. Don't think I'll buy one because I'm plenty happy with my standard CZ-75B.

Finding one is going to be a problem. I've only seen one and it was a .40. The 9mm is, I hear, near impossible to find. From what I understand, CZ USA has sold all they had and are waiting for more to be shipped to them. It appears that the SA has really caught on with competition shooters and the demand caught CZ off guard.

Joe

What I`ve heard from those who have tried the SAs and also the articles written about them the SA pull is actually worse than the DA versions and heavier as well. Aparently some are better than others but none are as good as the competition CZs. The trigger and hammer are different from the single action competition CZs as well. It`s a darn shame really I was looking foreward to the SAs myself but now that I have a 75B I don`t see much need. I wouldn`t mind having one of the larger safetys fitted to my B though for when I feel like using it SA since the stock safety is just a little smaller than I`d like. Marcus

Back