CZ 75 D Compact (Aluminum Frame)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougB

As you may have seen from my previous post, I was impressed by a CZ 75 Compact I handled last weekend. The main qualm I had about it was the weight. Then I was reading the CZ website and found the CZ 75 D Compact, which appears to be the same thing with a light alloy frame. Anyone have experience with these? I will probably have to order it without handling one. Is the trigger pull, and general tightness and quality comparable to the steel version? Also, is the black finish "polymer" (some sort of high-tech coating) or just ordinary blue?

This looks like just what I've been wanting. I wish it had the regular safety rather than the de-cocker, but that's not a big deal (I probably wouldn't carry it cocked and locked anyway). Anyone added adjustable sights to these? Thanks.

CZ's polymer finish is a baked-on black coating that is fairly thick and is their basic finish. I've had mine for about 7 years and it shows no wear, but the controls and other small parts are simply blued and do show some wear.

Mine has the earlier, staked, front sight so in order to change them, I'd probably have to get the slide cut, which I'm a bit hesitant to do.

I'd never even heard of the D version of the CZ before reading your post, so no help there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back