CZ 75 Compact

9mmLaw

I am considering purchashing one in 9mm. I currently own a Sig 2009 and Ruger p97DC. Both of those guns are decock only, no safety.

Should I buy the decock version of the CZ or the one with the manual safety. What are your thoughts, pros and guns. The gun is for the home and range only, no CCW.

Thanks.

I don't like adding a new manual of arms when I buy a pistol that may be used for home defense.

Stay with the decock model, IMNSHO.

CZs are great pistols; see if you can find the Compact PCR...acronym for (P)olice (C)zech (R)epublic]...as it will be comparable in size and weight to your SIG.

Find a PCR. Alloy Frame makes it a little lighter. Better Sights(Novak style). Great Finish. Decocker and Loaded chamber indicator. I love my PCR and it sounds like what you are looking for. Be very careful, the PCR has made me forget about my other guns. I carry mine in the Winter and when I am Kayaking and Biking and have something to put it in. I carry a Kahr in the spring and summer. The CZ75 line of pistols is outstanding. Check out http://www.unitedforums.com and scroll down the the CZ forum. Not a bad word said about the Pcr.

Get the PCR, it has a great DA/SA trigger. I have a CZ75BD and have had no problems with it. I am saving my pennies for the PCR. I have rented the PCR at our local range. It was absolutley filthy but feed with no problems.

Another point I don't think anyone mentioned to you. On the CZ's with a safety and not a decocker... the safety only works when the gun is cocked so if you don't carry it cocked the safety is off just like on a decocker model.

shiro

Shiro!?

What kind of DOUBLE ACTION do you think should be able to be carried on safe with the hammer down? And why the hell would anybody want that? That totally defeats the purpose of having a double action doesn't it?

I'll put in a vote for the DECOCKERS SUCK camp. Although I would over look that and the aluminum frame in a PCR cause it looks like a sweet carry platform.

Cocked and locked a "new" manual of arms! Not to sure about that.-ddt

I have a CZ75 Compact and would recommend it for home and range use. You said you didn't want it for CCW so the weight difference should not be a consideration. The manual safety does what a safety should do, ie. stop the hammer from falling when the gun is cocked if the trigger has pressure exerted upon it.

Back