CZ-75 bullets

jlflegal

TFL'ers--Just brought home a CZ-75B. Please advise me what ammo works best. Its my first "nine", not a defense gun but target so please don't get all hollow point technical, ball will be just fine. With past pistols I have experimented with the gym bag bench approach to determine what brands are most accurate, but I'm kinda tired of doing that, so I seek your advice.

Hello. I've had good luck with the 115 gr ball from PMP. It's not "hot" at all and quite accurate out of CZs and BHPs. It's also quite affordable. Best.

Glad to see you went with your Monday choice, from earlier thread.

Did the grips make any difference for you? IMO, the best three bargains out there in my order of preference are: S&B 115gr., Win./USA(white box)115gr. and PMP(blue box) 115gr. from South Africa. I've also had good luck with MagTech(Brazil), and PMP too. I've not experience stellar accuracy with any run-of-the-mill ball ammo, but your gun 'should' be at 2.5"/25yds. or less if you do your part. ENJOY.:)

Victor- Wow, you remember an old post of mine? I'm honored!
I spent over two hours tuesday morning at a firearms instructor/dealer/collector that a friend at work recommended. He had an example of each pistol I was interested in as well as several others. The Cougar was eliminated due to the trigger pull being so far back to release the hammer. After trying the Cougar,two Sigs, a Smith 909, and a High Power, he then brought out a CZ with Hogue grips and boy oh boy that did it! The instant I picked it up it was like the designer had me in mind. I all along have liked the CZ trigger the best and now I had the grip comfort too. The gun I bought is the military version with the curves on the grip panels.
CZ USA has flat checkered grips and wood grips available also. Hogues are on order.

Good show! I am ordering the factory plastic ones for my Military also. BTW, if you really want to see how accurate it is, get some quality JHPs like the Federal 9BP. It is available at many Wal-Marts. Mine put 4rds into a sub-1" cluster! I hand chambered the 1st round of ball, and fired it into the berm. Then the gun was locked into battery from its own slide inertia. Oh, and I only had those 4 left.:)

My CZs seem to like S&B the best. I mainly use that or Winchester white box from Wal-Mart. Also good experience with PMC and Mag-Tech.

Joe

I`ve shot mostly Wolf and white box Winchester through mine. The Winchester shoots a little better but it doesn`t have that funky Wolf odor when you shoot it. ;) Here`s a preview of those Hogue grips for ya. These are (Homer voice) "checkered co..co..bo..lo." :) Note in the second pic how thin they are. With these grips it is actually slimmer than a 1911 with factory wood stocks and it feels REALLY GOOD. :D Marcus
View
View

Marcus-great pics, thanx. But the ones I saw had finger moldings on the front of the grip. I know they were Hogue 'cause I saw the logo. Do they offer two kinds?

The Hogue rubber grips have finger grooves. I don`t recall seeing finger grooves as an option for wood auto grips but I could have overlooked it. I wanted the wood to dress it up some. The pics do them no justice they look much better in person. BTW I called Hogue and ordered them direct,all the online sources said they were backordered forever and a day. The woman I talked to was super nice and went WAY out of her way to find me a set and I had them in like 3 days! Marcus

Back