CZ 75 B v. CZ 75B Mil

9mmLaw

Besides the grips, what is the difference? The Mil is less expensive by $50-75. Is it any less worthy than the standard 75B and all its praise.

I would like to get a 75 and want to make the right choice.

No difference except for grips and...

There is no difference except with the CZ75B Mil you get funky grips, better price and usually one hi-cap and one regular mag. The hi-cap is worth $50 by itself. Its easy to order the regular grips to replace those cheasy Mil thumbrest grips. I think they go for around $10. You can get nice rubber grips for a little more or you can go wood and spend even more and get a beautiful grip and nice overall appearance.

Pilot

you get more choices in terms of finish in the commercial models as well. Poly (like military) blue, polished blue, NICKEL :)

shiro

View

Shiro,

That's what I want. Can't get the Nickel here in Kalifornia yet. Don't know if CZ will ever submit one for approval and pay the listing fee. Maybe they don't sell enough of them here to make it worthwhile. I called CZ USA a few months ago and they said they would look into getiing it on the list. What a BS law we have here. Oh well, hope they get one "approved". I really like the Nickel.

Is the overall fit and finish on the Mil guns as good as the commercial models assuming the same finish?

Russ

I have the 'Mil', and a commercial 85B. They are equals in fit and finish. The trigger on my Mil is better than that of the 85. The safety switch of the 85 is firmer and feels more positive in operation than the Mil's. I would recommend you get a Mil simply for the cost savings. Since you can't have a STANDARD CAPACITY(read: full)mag in the PRK, you might check out this deal for one:

Brand new with all paperwork 9mm with 1 10rd mag
only one 275.00 + shipping

Jake http://www.northeastfirearms.com
toll free 877 311-8298

Please visit: http://www.czforum.com

How do you know which you have between the two??Mine came with two mags,one was the 15 rounder,the other a 10 round.It also had the cheap plastic grips,which i have already replaced.But on one side of the the slide it says Made in Czech Republic CZ 75B...and the other side of the slide between the two sets of serial numbers,it says(in silver lettering) CZ-USA,Kansas City,KS.

Point Blank, you have a military. Some folks are getting confused with that term. They are 75B pistols that were produced for a Turkish military contract. For whatever reason, they overbuilt or the gov't backed out, they are now available to us at a reduced cost over a standard 'commercial' model.

You should see a few foreign markings on the right(?) side of the gun. There is NO other difference between it and an off-the-shelf commercial 75B. The 'Kansas' markings are simply the import stamp of CZ-USA, and that's where they are located.

Commercial models are NOT shipped with a STANDARD capacity magazine. Only two choked-off 10rd units. Standard factory mags are available at about $45 direct, or less from other sources. I hope that helps.:)

i really like my cz75b mil
the finish seems to be really tough
and it is an accurate pistol that fits my hand really well
not the biggest fan of 9mm, but had to have ONE, this was the one for me, the recoil is almost non existant to me and i get some pretty quick follow up shots
fun to shoot up basketballs with it

Correct me if I'm wrong but the non-Mil issue CZ75B has an ambi saftey and full length guide rod in addition to different grips. My .40 75B has the above differences to my Mil issue 9mm.

Rick

Yes,it has the markings on right hand side.With one of the markings it has a 96 stamped also.Guess i have the military.BTW...although not the most expensive,or shiney,it is my favorite pistol i own.Most accurate also.

only the .40 cal commercials 75's have the ambi safety and full lenght guide rod. 9mms come with normal safety and normal guide rod.

shiro

Back