CZ 712 Utility G2. 20" vent ribbed semi auto 12ga?

wild cat mccane

Hey all,

Been trying to find a 18-22" vent ribbed semi auto 12ga with tube extension possible. No pistol grip and just standard bead sight.

Weatherby 459--doesn't allow extension and no replacement for pistol grip.
Mossberg 930 Home Defense--8 rounds, but sounds like it's questionable feeding. 930 only has a 18.5" barrel, no ribbed until 24". Chopping a 930 field barrel sounds like it could mess up reliability too?
Stoeger M3000 only comes in 24" and above barrel with ribbing.

So...CZ 712 fits my requirements with a 20" vent ribbed barrel with chokes and an extension tube can fit on it.

However, I can't find much in the way of opinions on it. Any here?

Starting to feel like asking for a semi auto shorter barrelled shotgun is like asking about AR15 pistols in the pistol section--only the scum do it :)

Lol....

I have a short pump action 20ga for home defense. Haven't heard of a semi auto shotgun for it though.

I have the CZ 720. I know, gas vs inertia.
But i really love the thing!
Light weight, but light shooting. Take the plug out for some serious smiles from the Mrs at the range!

Now if i could get sling swivels from CZ for it...

For better or worse I canceled the CZ order. I did place an order for a Stoeger M3000 28 inch barrel and walnut wood. Order from kygunco. I plan to cut that down to 19 inches or wherever the ribbing allows.

The CZ 719 sure looks nice I just couldn’t see much information about it online which is concerning.

Next step is to ask for opinions on what extension tubes to put on the Stoeger.It will just be a +2 or three to fit under the cut barrel

Cancelled the cancel and going with the CZ 712 Utility 20" ribbed semi auto.

Nary a peep of this gun online, so I think I'm in for trouble. But the set up is exactly what I am hoping for in a ribbed shorter barrel semi.

We'll see.

Back