CZ 612?

baddarryl

I have recently become a CZ fan. I stumbled across one of these today at the LGS. How do they compare to the standard 870's and 500's of the genre? Made in Turkey and less than $300. Looking at the Home Defense model and wondering if they have the same quality as other CZ's I have experienced. Well at least for the price point. Thanks.

When you say "other CZs" are you referring to CZ handguns or CZ shotguns? I consider them VERY distinct animals when talking about quality.

Remember CZ does not make their shotguns as they are made for them by Huglu in Turkey.
Generally these are decent guns but they are not the Czech made guns like their rifles and handguns

CZ "branded" shotguns are not on the level quality wise when compared with CZ "manufactured" handguns and rifles. They are made in contract factories in the third world. They may look good (and actually shoot fine too) but you aren't going to get the kind of longevity out of them that you would from a higher quality shotgun.

I guess I don't know why you would spend $300 for a CZ612 when you can get a H&R 1871 Pardner Pump Protector for $169.

Or A Used Mossberg 500 for under $200

Or A New Remington 870 Express w/18" barrel for under $300.

If you love CZ and want to get a CZ shotgun....I get it.

But don't get a CZ 612 and think it is more reliable and robust than the firearms I've listed above.

Back