CZ 550 FS as a target rifle

gringojosh

I am looking at the CZ 550 FS as a target rifle in .308 or 6.5x55. I haven't seen too many other medium caliber rifles with iron sights, which was what attracted me to this gun. I was wondering whether the Mannlicher stock could negatively affect the harmonics of the barrel, given that free floating barrels are supposed to be more accurate. Has anyone used one of these as a target rifle? It's definitely a sweet looking gun. Could this rifle be a "Palma rifle?" Or is it too light weight for something like that?

Start going to some matches and see what other competitors are using. You may not see many full stocks.

They are beautiful rifles, at any rate.

CZ550FS Harmonics

The CZ550FS has a floating barrel so harmonics not affected by stock!!! The engineers paid a lot of attention to harmonics when they developed this firearm. It also has a single set trigger. Although trigger is quite good out of the box a rifle can always benefit from trigger work

If you're going to shoot bullseye targets, that rifle's got a poor stock to shoot it very accurate. Plus set triggers may have appeal, they're not good for best accuracy. Their lock time's pretty long; short lock times are better for accuracy in shoulder fired rifles.

To clear thing up, exctly what kind of targets do you want to shoot?

Back