Cz-527

Shin-Tao

I am on the hunt for a quality .223 bolt action rifle. I want roughly 1MOA accuracy.

Do any of you have any experiance with the CZ-527? Will it shoot 1MOA?

Check it

34.jpg

35.jpg

Have a CZ 527 American in .223. It is a two shot rifle. The barrel is very light and thin and heats up quickly. From the bench I could get the first 2 rounds in 3/4 to one inch. The third and fourth shot would open the group up to 3+ inches. Mine doesn't like bullet weights above 55 grains seems to work best at 52 grains.
The best thing about this rifle is its weight. With a Leupold 3X9 Compact scope mounted its a joy to carry around all day on 'chuck hunts as compared to a heavy barrelled or standard sized rifle.
As far as compact rifles go my opinion it is one of the better offerings on the market.
Take Care

Several years ago Gun Tests did a review on the Cz in .223 and i believe another model in cal. 270. They gave both rifles a very favorable review and if memory serves me right the .223 shot very well in the tests.

Just remember one thing. Although the Cz is a nice rifle, spare parts for it have often been scarce to non-existent. A Remington or Winchester or Savage may not be as glamorous but spare parts for these guns will be around for a long time to come and they are not hard to find.

For a light barrel sporter I found mine quite accurate. With 50 grain it would put three into 3/4"s of an inch @ 100 yards and 5 could be put in under an inch if I let the barrel cool down between shots.

My grips with this rifle were the single set trigger and the magazines which had very sharp edges and would score the brass severely.

Thank you gentlemen.

Good point about parts, leej.

I'm going to start looking into the Remminton offerings as well.

Back