CZ 527 vs. Howa 1500 Hunter

Servo77

OK, let me frame this by saying that I have some experience with both rifles. I have had a few Howa 1500's (outstanding rifles) and A few CZ rifles as well (although no 527). Anyway, I recently acquired a CZ in .222 remington(haven;t recieved it yet...online purchase). Well, I found an outstanding deal on a Howa 1500 hunter in .223. I would prefer a .223 as no one around here carries much in the way of .222 ammo (I have to order it) and when you do find it it is usually more expensive. that said, how would you rate the CZ 527? I have heard their triggers are not that great. How accurate should it be expected to be considering the light barrel? I am thinking I might be better off with a .223 as I do not handload yet.

thoughts? Those of you with the CZ, tell me what you think and what kind of accuracy you get.

the one thing I like about the howa is that it seems geared to upgrades (aftermarket stocks, etc).

I have two CZ 527,s.One in .223 and the other is the varmint in .204.Both excellent rifles,great wood, and very accurate. You won,t find anything better at the price.

Both are excellent rifles and the final decision comes down to personal choice. I think if looking for a .223 the CZ would win out because they do a nice short action in this calibre.

I have a CZ 527 in both .221 fireball and a heavy barrel .223. Outstanding guns. I think the set triggers (which are fully adjustable by anyone who can change a lightbulb) are just great. If you decide not to keep the .222 post back here and let me know as I might be able to use it. Oh also my 221 is in a light barrel and I love it.

My biggest problem seems to be ammo availablility (or lack thereof) around where I live. Most places have only one, maybe two loadings and it is generally expensive. However, I can get it online for cheaper then .223, but then I have to order in bulk to save on shipping.

What kind of groups are you getting with the .221?

Back