CZ 527 VMT 204, Reveiws, thoughts???

TheShootist1894

I am having some trouble finding good unbiased reveiws of this rifle, I think I need one, my local shop has a brand new one on the rack for $500, seems like a good deal from the prices I've seen, who has one? How are they?

Oh what to do. . . . .Maybe this one is going home with me??;)

Jump on it. Quick. Seriously, log your computer off and run down there and get it!

I have the 527 in both the Varmint and the American in .223 Rem. And I shoot with a guy who has the American in .204 Ruger. It bucks the wind much better than the 55gr .223's I'm launching. The single set trigger is freakin awsome! The metal to wood fit is good and the metal finish is very good as well. I haven't had to do anything with mine as they both shoot as well I could ever want- they push the limit of distance with both the .223 and .204. Don't sell yourself short on glass. But on that note- unless you go with high or extra high rings, you cannot exceed 1.75" on the small end of the scope unless you relieve a little off of the bolt handle. $500 is a good price- does that come with the rings? Original CZ rings are a tad expensive- but you won't need to buy a base(s).

CZ

Yes it comes just as it did from the factory, with two incredibly greasy rings:D Highs I believe. . . . .Would probably look at putting my Redfield Golden 5 Star 6-18X40 on there, that is enough isn't it?

Anyone else have expierience with these? Pictures of guns, targets?

Thansk
Karl

That scope ought to work fine and dandy. I have the Mueller 6-25x40 (?) on both of mine. The medium rings look like highs, I think, because they don't have the width of the base to subtract from- so they looks a bit tall, but you'll need that height to clear the 'knuckle' on the bolt handle. I actually relieved a bit off of my American with some stoning and then cold blue touch up just for a tad extra clearance and speed.

Another thing I found that really tickles my fancy is you can load a ctg straight into the receiver for single shots if needed. This usually isn't possible with Mauser style extractors. I tell ya, there ain't nothin' about these rifles that I don't thouroughly love.

Back