CZ 527 in 22 Hornet scope problem.

THERAVEN

I bought a cz 527 in 22 hornet a few years back. The problem is that every time I shoot it, my hand always hits the scope. At first I had to put on a raised scope , because the bolt would hit the scope. The eye piece is 1 5/8" wide. Is there scope smaller than this. Thank you

Move your hand...:D

Seriously....

If the bolt handle hits the scope, the "hardware" (scope /mount/rifle) must be adjusted. IF the "software" (you, your hand, etc) hits the scope, you need to adjust your position.

Consider using an "open hand" technique, not curling your fingers around the bolt handle instead.

I use open hand a lot. It gives me the leverage (palm is stronger than fingers) for .30-06.

My issue is keeping my eye on scope while working the bolt. Long action bolt gets too close to my face for comfort. A few times it actually hit the lens of my eyeglass.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

@OPC: Yep, it's indexed properly. Good job. I wouldn't know how to do that. The video was informative.

@44AMP: I want to be fair to the original poster. My gun safe is literally crammed, and so instead of adding more rifles, for the past two years I have been focusing on upgrading optics. It's amazing how much optical quality has improved over the past 40 years. Multi-coated lenses, better clarity at all magnifications, and a wider variable magnification range, seem to come with a penalty of a larger diameter and longer eyepiece. (Plus, I add Butler Creek flip covers, which also increase the diameter slightly.) Some of my new scopes have been a challenge to mount. I'm becoming a fan of rifles with a 60 degree bolt lift.

Back