CZ 527 American Varmint

kst8fan

Recently purchased a CZ 527 Varmint 223 and looking for a new scope, ring options. I would like to buy a Leupold 3-9x50. Looking to spend up to $350. What Leupold scopes have you used in this price range that would work on this CZ model? I like the Leupold rifleman and I would use the rifle primarily for predator hunting and paper punching. Also what ring options would you go with? This rifle doesn’t come with CZ rings.

Interested in responses for scope suggestions too.

For the rings, you're kind of limited. Google 527 rings or search for the same on Amazon. Obviously, wait until you've identified the scope you want 1st (1" vs 30mm). On my 527 American, I have the medium height Burris rings for a 1" tube and the bolt knob just clears the tube and ocular bell for my cheap UTG scope that I'll be replacing soon. The objective lens just fits over the receiver (I had to tap out the rear sight, which you don't have), so when I replace my cheap scope, I already know the size limitations.

This website has options. You can send your bolt in to have it modified, as well as purchase custom rings that will allow you to mount scopes that won't fit with the standard bolt handle.

http://www.jamescalhoon.com/19caliber.php

As well, you can purchase Cone-trol bases and rings that are engineered specifically to fit the CZ 527.

You are not limited on scope ring options as you would think and don’t have to buy expensive hard to find CZ rings.

Buy this, Install it and use any Weaver style rings that suit you!
https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1133585

This is what I had on my 527 and used a Leupold VXR in traditional weaver style steel rings. Worked like a charm! This line of scope is excellent but a little out of your price range. Within your price range, I wouldn’t go below the Leupold VX1 Line. It’s the lowest line covered by their forever warranty and has better glass than the rifleman line. But, if you could swing it, I’d step up to the VX2 line if wanting to stay with Leupold or look into maybe a vortex viper which also has a lifetime warranty.
Use a little blue loctite on the base screws when installing it and you should have no worries.

A 3-9x50 will require high rings. Might not fit the rifle to your eye right. You need to take that into consideration. Mind you, looking at the rifle(heavy barrel?) it'll probably be fine.
A Rifleman 3-9x40mm has an MSRP of $249. $205.49 at Optics Planet. $249.99 for a 40mm or 50mm Leupold's VX-Freedom scope at Cabela's. MSRP is $324.99.
Rings at Cabela's run about $50 unless they say Leopold on 'em. You pay double for that name.
A great deal depends on where you actually are though. There may not be a Cabela's in WILDCAT COUNTRY. They'll mail it to you, but I think they'll install it for you if you buy in the store.

Back