CZ 52 problem

hmudd13

Inactive
Hi all, I picked up a CZ52 in pretty good shape and hit the range this weekend.
Fired like a charm for 50 rounds or so and now it doesn't seem to want to recock far enough to set the firing mechanism. (At least that's what I think is happening)
It'll chamber a round fine, but nothing happens when I pull the trigger.
It is very hard to rack the slide without first cocking the hammer manually.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

also did you clean it before going to the range, the slide and lock operates off of rollers and if dirty will slow down the slide cycle, clean the rollers so they spin freely. I have a cz52 as well for about 5 years.

Yes it was cleaned, although it didn't really need it, and yes, it's surplus ammo.
I haven't had a chance to take it apart yet, I'm recovering from some foot surgery so it's a pain to do this balancing on one foot.(not shooting though)

I would use some different ammo, starting at walmart, I believe it's a ammo issue and possibly a cleaning issue is the first things I would do. This pistol is a very good pistol, How does it feel when you rack the slide? is it smooth or stiff?

The ammo isn't going to make the action stiff. It sounds like there is some problem with the mainspring (hammer spring) that is making the hammer hard to cock and that, of course, will make the slide hard to move and keep it from cycling properly.

I can't tell much more without looking at the gun.

Jim

I think I've found my problem.
The roller cam has indents and what looks like pushed up wear spots where the rollers sit.
It was binding on the barrel.
I filed the high spots down and it seems all is nice again, although I believe new rollers and a cam is in order.
It's not 100% smooth action yet.
Barrel looks good though.(I hope it's good, it's the more expensive ported one)

good find, that's it, I believe you can buy them no prob, theres a 52 site that sells parts, let me know it you can't find it and I'll give it a shot.

Simpler solution: Your thumb is partially engaging the goofy safety. Make sure it is fully disengaged and adjust your grip a bit so you don't keep sweeping it on unintentionally.

Happened to me. A lot.:)

If they do have it at Wally world, it'll be $40 a box.
20 rds of .39 is almost $30.

Got a roller cam and rollers in the mail.
I'll post and let you guys know if that's the fix.
Thanks again!

Well, the new roller cam and rollers worked like a charm.
Put 150 rds through it on the weekend with out a hitch.
Thanks all who replied.

Back