CZ-52 in 7.62x25

rellik74

I am thinking of buying a CZ52 in 7.62x25 the prices seem to be good for both pistol and amo. I am not too familar with the 7.62x25 but in my checking it seems to be a hot round up to 1380 fps muzzle velocity and have been told by a guy that collects them that they are reliable and shoot straight. Is there any thing else I should be aware of? Its going to cost $ 160.00 in excelent shape.

1380fps is rather light for the 7.62x25 in a CZ-52. Original Czech M48 ball ammo made for this pistol, as well as the Bulgarian surplus, and current S&B reloadable FMJ, chronographs over 1500 fps from the pistol, with a nice fireball and report. Check out the archives here at TFL using the search feature, very recent discussions cover the pistol, as well as reloading for it.

Two pistols are now around for this cartridge: the CZ52 and the Polish Tokarev. Both are fun guns, primarily collectors pieces. The Tok. is more pleasent to shoot and easier to take down.

However, you do NOT want to shoot the hotter-loaded Bulgarian stuff through a Tokarev (ie TT-33).
As I understand it, the CZ-52 was designed to shoot hotter-loaded ammo that was usually used in submachineguns.
Most of the other stuff should be fine for either or.
Disclaimer: I am not an expert, this is simply how I understand the situation to be. As always, exercise caution, common sense, and do your homework.

Do it! These guns are so much fun to shoot. Fireball, and boom is wonderful. Throws empties a mile. Mine is quite accurate. Teeny sights. Extremely durable. Brittle firing pins, don't dry fire.

For 160.00 a great buy.

Back